Skip to main content

June Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop: "Textures and Layers"

Hello bloggy friends! It's the last Wednesday of the month so that means it's time for the Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! This month, I challenged the participants to make a project with "Textures and Layers." I made a mini page (6x6) featuring the focal image from the Growing Hearts set.

As you can see, I used lots of layers, and a few textures as well. Here's a closeup of my coloring of the image.

I colored her with my Spectrum Noir markers. I looooove the Turquoise set. You can see some of the layers I made with some Spellbinders dies....I embossed them for some added texture.

My second layer of paper (with all the swirly rainbow colors) was a lot of fun to make. My daughter was finger painting last week and I decided to join her. So I painted a big sheet of paper, so that I could cut them up for some projects. It has some lovely texture in it. Plus, I embossed on top of it with my Damask stencil from Dreamweaver, and their White Embossing Paste. You can see I also used a banner from the Bombshell Banner Sayings set.

You can click on any of the images to see them bigger. I had a lot of fun with this. Combining all of the different elements, papers, etc. I hope you like my project! Now it's time for you to hop along! Below is the full hop list. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Marnie said…
So pretty I love the Damask and all of the Layers!
Jenn Borjeson said…
Alison, this is absolutely gorgeous - I just love the background paper and your coloring of that beautiful image is just perfect. :)
Kim said…
Gorgeous 6x6 page! I love your color scheme and coloring of the Growing Hearts image. The background with the embossing paste looks fantastic with this set.
deniserows said…
so much detail. nice
Anonymous said…
-WOW-!! The colouring you did is absolutely FANTASTIC! Great card!
Kathi said…
Wow. Beautiful card.

I really love all the layers and textures you added. I especially love the damask stenciled image.

Sharon said…
This is so beautiful ! I love the colours and texture.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...