Skip to main content

June Bombshell Stamps Muse Monday: Mermaid Anchor

Greetings! It's the first Monday of the month, so that means it's time for me to share the newest Muse Monday for Bombshell Stamps with you. Are you familiar with Muse Monday? Each month, I choose a set of Bombshell Stamps that I want the fabulous Design Team to work with. Each Monday, at least 2 team members will share projects with you using that featured set. Plus, that set will be on sale for the entire month! For June, I wanted to work with Mermaid Anchor. It's a fairly new set for me in my collection, but since I have gotten it...I have used it quite a number of times. I am really enjoying working with it.

I made a mini page (6x6 layout). I am quickly falling in love with making these babies. I colored my images with my Green, Pale Hues and Cool Gray sets from Spectrum Noir.

I was in a green mood today.....wasn't planning on doing a monochromatic page...but it worked out that way. Seems like I am working with unusual colors (or the lack there of) lately.

I used some of the icons and one of the dolphins on my background paper. I clear embossed them for a watermarked effect. I hope you enjoyed my page! Please be sure to visit the Bombshell Blog every Monday for more rad projects featuring Mermaid Anchor. And don't forget to buy your own set this month, while it's on sale! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Creepy Glowbugg said…
Gorgeous page, Alison! I am loving that color! I really dig that shade of green. That little dolphin is the perfect touch, too! 6X6 does seem so much more manageable. Thanks for the inspiration.
Kim said…
Gorgeous project! I love that it's monochromatic green.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...