Skip to main content

Rick St. Dennis x2

Happy June! I have 2 Rick St. Dennis projects to share with you today. The first is for the new Desert Islands Crafters Challenge that Rick happens to be sponsoring. The second is with a brand new freebie that is up on Rick's blog today! First, DICC. Here's the new itinerary.

1. All White
2. Add a circle
3. Lots of Layers
4. Jewels
5. Make an Easel Card
6. Quirky or Humorous Sentiment or Quote
7. Silver
8. Winged Thing
9. Based on a Fairy Tale Book or Movie
10. Use the Sketch (you can see it on the DICC Blog)

I used #'s 1, 2, 4, 6, and 10 for my project. I made another mini page, as I did for the Bombshell Hump Day Hop on Wednesday.

I don't think I have ever done an all white project. Like, ever. But I tell ya...it was fun!

I used Rick's Parum de Morte for this mini page. I shaded it with a few Cool Gray markers from Spectrum Noir. It's tough to see, but the printed paper has the definition of spring repeated on it. I thought it was perfect with this skull.

My sentiment reads "bone appetite" which I thought was funny. It really was fun to work with only white. Who knew I would enjoy a total lack of color? Especially after yesterday's post...with only black and white! But don't worry....there's lots of bold colors in my next piece!

This is Desdemona. She is really sultry. This was a fun card for me because I used one of my favorite color combinations. Teal, purple, and hot pink. With a twist of lime! Hahaha.

Check out those earrings! I wish I had a pair! I don't know what it is about her....but I think Desdemona is in my Top 5 of favorite images from Rick. And you can snag her for free!!!

My banner is from Bombshell Stamps. Please be sure to visit Rick's Blog, plus the DICC Blog, Airless Chambers and Sparkle and Glitter for all things Rick. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Julia said…
Beautiful creation and coloring of the images.
Hugs,
Julia
Julia said…
Beautiful creation and coloring of the images.
Hugs,
Julia
Both of your projects are beautiful just beautiful.
susan s
Jenn Borjeson said…
These are both totally kick-ass, my friend. xoxo
Laura B said…
I'm not usually a huge fan of all white projects, but your page is perfect. That sentiment cracks me up.:) And I LOVE the color combo on your Desdemona card. You've shaded her skin perfectly. *hugs*
Monique's art said…
Love them both very pretty
Miranda said…
great white project, looks cool and Desdemona is just pretty this way

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...