Skip to main content

Bombshell's May Sketch and Muse Monday

Greetings! I have 2 Bombshell projects to share with you today. The first is the Sketch Challenge for May. I used one of the newest (for me) sets, Growing Hearts.

I had a good time coloring this image. Isn't it fun to get new stamp sets? I colored the woman and my banner with my watercolor markers.

She looks so serene. I also used one of the banners from Banner Sayings and the sentiment if from Rose's Portrait.  Did you know that Banner Sayings is on sale right now? It is a wonderful set...for more than just Bombshells!

On to Muse Monday. This month, I chose to have the Design Team work with Ahoy Sailor. Another new to me set. I decided to make a tag.

My mom loves this set, so I think I will give her this tag, and make her a few more things for her.

She is colored with watercolor and alcohol markers, and I inked a bit of blue and Pumice Stone (Distress Ink) on top of the image. For the tag itself, I stamped the small icons from the Ahoy Sailor set with embossing ink, embossed the images with clear powder, and then inked on top of the tag with Distress Ink. Then, I spritzed it with some Stormy Weather Memory Mist.

I added a star button, and some eyelash yarn, and then I was finished. It's a pretty simple tag, but I like it. Be sure to visit the Bombshell Blog to see more interpretations of this month's Sketch Challenge and Muse Monday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Jacki Daniels said…
Hi Alison I have just seen your blog through smeared ink forum and love it your work is amazing
I also wanted to let you know I am starting a new challenge blog http://punkyougirl.blogspot.co.uk/
and having a DT call so am trying to spread the word to as many as I can (no point having a challenge if no one knows is there lol) it would be great to see you over there even if it's just to play but feel free to apply if you want for DT all welcome and maybe I know a bit cheeky but pass on the info
anyway I am now a follower so will see you soon
Jacki xx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...