Skip to main content

An Undead Scottsman with DICC

Happy May 1st! I have a new Desert Islands Crafters Challenge to share with you. This time, we are sponsored by Rick St. Dennis. Here's the itinerary.

1. Skulls
2. Snakes
3. Roses
4. Gingham/Plaid
5. Emboss it
6. Recycle it
7. Glitter it
8. Black and White + 1 Color
9. Fibers
10. Angels

When I first saw this itinerary, I pictured an undead Sctottsman playing bagpipes, that were turning into snakes. I don't know...I guess I was having residual thoughts of the amazing St. Patty's Day parade we went to. LOTS of Irishman in kilts playin' those amazing pipes. So why did I think of a Scottsman? Probably because our very own Suzi is from Scotland! I know...my mind works in strange ways... Anyway. Since Rick is sponsoring this challenge, I decided to ask him if he would draw my odd character. Well, and hour and a half after I sent the request, I got EXACTLY what I had imagined! Actually, he is even better than I imagined!

Isn't he AMAZING?! I saw him and wondered how Rick got into my brain and pulled out what I envisioned!

I colored him with alcohol markers. And I had a lot of fun doing it! My journaling is simply about the itinerary, and the story behind this creep-tastic fella. I used a couple of stencils on my background. The rose is from Dreamweaver and the web is from Stencil Girl.

Now it's time for you to head off into the sunset. But please be sure to visit the DICC blog to see what the rest of the team came up with. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Pam Hornschu said…
Wow, Alison! I think I need to pin this to my "Weird and Wonderful" board on Pinterest! Awesome image, and great background (esp the rose!).
Laura B said…
I love it! The background looks amazing, and that image is just too awesome.:)
My hubby is a piper, and there are days he comes home from a job looking kind of a lot like this! Thanks for sharing your weird/wonderful ideal with us!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...