Skip to main content

A Little Bit 'o Love

Hello Friends! I have a new Bombshell Stamps Muse Monday project to share with you, and an art journal page. As you may recall, this month at Bombshell, I decided to highlight the All My Heart set. It just so happens that the latest Wicked Wednesday challenge is Celebrate the Season, and I thought I could make an ATC for the challenge with this set.

I've only got one picture, as my camera decided it didn't feel like focusing. I've used 3 images from this set, plus a blank banner from Banner Sayings. I thought it would be interesting to stamp text on text, so I gave it a shot. I think the fact that I had the text facing 2 different directions made it work.  I may just be startin' to get the hang of making these ATC's!

I also wanted to play along with Just Some Lines this week. The theme is "Love." But I didn't want to do a typical love project dealing with 2 people.....I wanted to art journal about my love of books.

I think this image is so cute! And it reminds me of me when I was younger, and my kids now. Always reading. Feeding our imagination. Are you reading anything right now? I just started The Host by Stephanie Meyer.

I colored the image with my alcohol markers. To make the page, I painted the background sort of an old paper color, then stamped around a heart stencil. I then added a stamp of an open book in each heart. Lastly I added the stars with Distress Inks and glues my image down. Oh! And I added my journaling, of course.

It's tough to see the stamped books, as I did them in gray so as to not overpower the rest of the background. But in person, you can see them pretty clearly. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Jenn Borjeson said…
OMG - these are both just gorgeous and fantastic and awesome! Your ATC is to-die-for, you definitely have the hang of it. Love the text on text, perfect. And the art journal page - that could be a page from my own art journal. It's wonderful. We really do share a brain. ;) Thank you so much for joining us at both Wicked Wednesday and Just Some Lines! :)
DonnaMundinger said…
Looks like you've been making ATC's your whole life. Fabulous, Alison and your page is wonderful. I was an avid reader, especially as a kid. Love both your projects. xxD
Tina said…
i love both of these, so amazing thanks for sharing at just some lines

Tina
jsl dt
Laura B said…
Gorgeous projects! I love that you made the journal page about your love of books. I really enjoyed The Host, it was very different. I just finished reading Beautiful Creatures and now I'm reading The Night Circus.
Anonymous said…
Your art journal page looks amazing and you've coloured up the image beautifully to match.Great interpretation of the theme too.Thanks for joining us at Just Some Lines.Hope to see you again next time :D
Lisa x
Oh! I love, love, love this! It has been too long since I have done any art journalism! I love books too!

Thanks so much for playing along with the Just Some Lines DT!

Hugs,
Chriss
JSL-DT
For the BS card I love that only one of the hearts is colored and the coloring on the other card, especially that chair is fabulous

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...