Skip to main content

Day 8 of 31 Days of Halloween: Calaveras Fiesta Pendant

Welcome to day 8! I am combining today's Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween post with the new Muse Monday post over at the Bombshell Stamps Blog. What's Muse Monday? Well, you'll need to visit the Bombshell Blog to find out!

I made this pendant using the Calaveras Fiesta set. I had a piece of wood that I painted white, then I stamped the skeleton with Versa Craft ink. I added a bit of color, then added the tassels and embossed them.

Can you see the bits of glitter in the embossing powder on the top of the pendant? I used my Crafter's Workshop Mini Punchinella stencil with alcohol inks on the side.

This was fun (and quick!). I have been itching to make some pendants...and I have a few more planned for the month. But now it's time for you to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers. They are all posted on my side bar. And don't forget to visit the Bombshell Blog to get the scoop on Muse Monday! Thanks for stopping by. Have a fang-tastic day!

Comments

LisaVeronica said…
Fun skellie and great embossing!
Pam S. said…
What a clever idea and I love how you used the punchinella. Thank you for sharing your talents.
ike said…
Fabbo - I love that chilled out skellie :-) x
Sharon Sahl said…
What a nice pendant! Your skellie is just too cool for words and the stenciling on the edges is fun!
Wendy said…
love this...great pendant!
~Lady B~ said…
Cool Pendant! You are so creative!
Steph said…
Awesome pendant! Love the little bit of sparkle!
silvia said…
Great pendant!! LOVE the skellie!
Jenn Borjeson said…
Totally awesome, Alison! :)
Unknown said…
Love your skellie pendant
Hugs xxx
DonnaMundinger said…
Fabulous pendant! Love the happy skellie. xxD
Ahh! I LOVE your pendant! So adorable!
Monique's art said…
this is the coolest ever Love it
Julia said…
Fab project! Always enjoy looking at your creations.
Hugs,
Julia
ScrappingBeauty said…
Thumbs up to this pendant! I like the polka dots added.
wonderfully done. It is always enjoyable to see your art.
susan s.
Fabulous, I love the image and sparkley border
Lindsay xx
KristyLee said…
Really awesome pendent! You did a great job!
Peace,
Kristy
Shelley said…
Great pendant! that is one cool Skelli

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...