Skip to main content

August Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop!

Hello! Welcome to the second stop of the Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! The theme I chose for this month was "Let's Hear it for the Boys." The theme could have been interpreted any way the hoppers chose. I decided to go with a gifty item for a guy. Something he could perhaps have in his game room, or on his bar. I made a set of 4 coasters using the Homeward Bound set and Travertine Tiles.


That's the complete set. You may recall I made another one of these tiles a couple weeks ago, but that one wasn't a coaster, as it had a big, awesome hole in it. Check it out HERE. I used the same technique for these, but I added a piece of cork to the back with E6000.


I think this one is my favorite. But it' a tough choice! I made sure to make each one pretty different from the next. Each image is colored with Copics, on tissue paper.


I have become so hooked (pun intended) on making these tiles. This set will be in my Etsy shop shortly. And I plan to be making a bunch more.


I love how there is a sort of bite taken out of this one. It's so sparkly, though it doesn't show in this photo.


I love the "imperfections" in these tiles. I could have used smooth ceramic tiles...but why? These have so much more character. Love them. And I hope you like what I've done with them! And now, here is the full Hop List...with all 16 awesome stops!




Comments

Anonymous said…
Those coasters are fabulous Alison!! And indeed a great male gift! The 'imperfections' of the tiles goes so well with it,I think perfect smooth tiles wouldn't have looked as half as good as this.You did a fab job!
GlitteryKatie said…
These are very cool- love the rocky, manliness of them!!
Caryn S said…
Wow the only thing that would have made this even more perfect for my dad would have been submarines! He's retired Navy sub class. Great idea though, he loves to hang out on his back deck and these would be great for his refreshments!
These are so wonderful. I love that each is just a bit different, especially the coloring of the ship. You have such creative vision Alison. Always inspirational!
Kim said…
These tile coasters are gorgeous! I love that they have imperfections, it really goes well with this stamp set.
These are absolutely awesome. I love the colors against the tile.
Kathi said…
Absolutely gorgeous coaster set that would make an amazing gift for anyone, but especially a guy.

I love your coloring and the texture from the tiles. I also love that you used a different color scheme for each tile in the set!
Laura B said…
Love your coasters! Each one is fabulous work of art.:)
Nicole Maki said…
Wow! These are so beautiful. That set is one of the few I don't have yet - seeing your gorgeous creation is making me want it now :-)

Great job!
Jenn Borjeson said…
Oh my gosh, how cool is this? LOVE it!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...