Skip to main content

You Can Do It!

Hey Everybody! I cannot believe how quickly the summer has flown by. My poor blog has not seen much activity from me, as I have been trying to hang with my kidlings as much as possible. But, I do have a new card to share with you today. Since my children are young, one of the newest Simply B Stamps collections really appealed to me. It's called 1st Steps. And I really saw my kids in all of these images. Today's card features "Think, Think Jude."

I colored Jude with my Phoenix in mind...right down to the mismatched socks. Let's just say that some things are pretty tough for my little man to deal with when it comes to the toilet. So, this card was to give him some encouragement. I also printed the image out super huge so that he can color it and make it into a chart to record when some of the things he needs to "do" gets done. I will spare you the dirty details. :)

I colored Jude and his toilet with my watercolor markers and Copics. The sentiment was stamped using a teeny alpha set from Inkadinkado.

I even added some glittery stars and ribbon, since Phoenix loves all that stuff. He was pretty stoked about the card. I hope it really helps him. A little encouragement can go a long way!
Just a little reminder, today is the last day to sign up for the Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop that is taking place on Wednesday. It's Bombshell's 5th Anniversary, so we really want this hop to be huge! So please sign p and play along. Go HERE for all the details. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!


Comments

Laura B said…
I love this card!:) And I can totally relate to the potty issues. Went through it with my daughter, and now I get to deal with that stuff with Xander.
Jenn Borjeson said…
So sweet, best of luck! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...