Skip to main content

DICC and Burton Weenies Release Day 4: Raven

Hello! Not only is it time for another fabulous sneak peek at Simply Betty Stamps’ Burton Weenies, but it’s also time for another Desert Islands Crafters Challenge! Today we meet Raven, and I paired her up with Sunday’s peek, JackJack. But before we get to my card, here’s the latest itinerary.

Jo's Desert Island Itinerary
1. Lace
2. Decorative pins
3. Something metal
4. 3 different stamps
5. 3 different papers
6. Distressing
7. Handmade embellishment
8. Something "found" ie: not a specific craft item
9. A bird
10. A sticker/stickers

As always, to play along with this challenge you need to use at least 3 things from the itinerary. This time around, I used 5. Numbers 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8. Here’s my creation.

I have to say, I love how this card came out. It’s grungy, wild, and yet very sweet. And I am proud of myself because it was the first time I merged 2 images together. And I didn’t even have to ask for help! Go me! :)

I thought Raven and JackJack made a really cute couple. And look! He gave her flowers. Awwww! I used my watercolor markers for this duo, giving Raven a Type O Negative t-shirt, and Raven bright red hair like I have seen Davy Havoc have in the past. I made this card an homage to music I guess!

The itinerary called for 3 different stamps, but I used 4. Besides the happy couple, I also used “hold me” and a heart from Smeared Ink (Lil Grumpies and Chicks Dig Guns, respectively).

The papers totally clash when just laid out together…but when put on the card, in smaller pieces, I think they look pretty cool together. You can click on any of my photos to get a closer look.

The hearts have been stapled on (found object and metal), and I used my favorite punch, Martha Stewart’s Drippy Goo. What did I do before I had that punch??? You can see I also distressed the edges of my papers using various techniques.

So there you have it! Another sneak peek and a new itinerary. Won’t you play along and buy some Burton Weenies? Visit the rest of the DICC gals at the blog HERE, and but your Burton Weenies starting Friday at the Simply Betty Stamps store. To see more wonderful creations, please visit The Burtonesque Dolls blog and the DICC blog. ! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

FitterTwit said…
Great job on the merge!!! LOVE IT!
TRACEY O said…
Fab card Alison. Love how you've merged the images.
WOOT WOOT!!! LOVE IT!!! I am so very proud of you for not needing help!!! :P They turned out great! I love how grungy and sweet it is!!!
Carol W. said…
Love this card, awesome job! TFS
DonnaMundinger said…
WooHoo on the merging! I have no idea how to do that. I just ADORE this card! Brilliant use of everything! xxD

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...