Skip to main content

Release Day for the Burton Weenies!

I know you have been waiting for today…waiting to see the last of the Burton Weenies from Simply Betty Stamps, and waiting for your chance to buy them! Well, that day has finally come! Today, not only will you get to meet Pipper (my personal fave of the bunch), but you can purchase and start to color up this funky group for yourself!

Here is Pipper!

Isn’t she freakin’ awesome? I love her hair…her outfit…her attitude. And, since today is Friday (my Smeared Ink day), I have also used several Smeared Ink stamps on the card to finish it off. Before I get into them though, let’s take a closer look at Pipper.

I love her cupcake barrette. Can you see it? You can click on any of my photos to see them bigger, Once again, I broke out my watercolor markers and used some of the brightest colors in my box (but next time I think she’ll be in purple and black).  I love the bright cheery colors with her sour look.

I used 3 sentiments from Smeared Ink’s Lil Grumpies set, a splatter from Inky Dreams, and the mesh stamp from Quoth the Raven. That’s a lot of Smeared Ink on one little card! I bleached the eggplant colored paper myself quite a while ago. I did an entire 12x12 sheet all at once, and have since cut it up and used the pieces on various projects.

Here you can see the glittery eyeshadow I gave Pipper (Sakura Stardust pen), and her silver metallic piercings. I also stamped the mesh stamp with Dazzle Versa Mark. Not sure how well you can see it though.

I hope you have enjoyed this week of previews. Simply Betty has many, many more releases coming up (some very soon!), and I hope you will be by to check them out. But until then, please visit The Burtonesque Dolls to see more Pipper based creations, and hop over to  the Simply Betty Shop to purchase the super rad Burton Weenies for your self! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Juls said…
this is amazing!!! I love all the fabby bright colours you have used, I especially love her pink hair, and the way you have used the ribbon!!! Hugs Juls

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...