Skip to main content

Burtonesque Dolls: Seeing Double & Jude and the Rockers Preview: Brittany

There is a new challenge over at The Burtonesque Dolls today plus, it’s Day 3 of the Jude and the Rockers by Simply Betty Stamps. Let’s start with The Dolls!

Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum. I’m seeing doubles! Make a project using twins! As I mentioned last week, we were throwing a Very Merry Un-Birthday Tea Party for my kidlings. It was on Saturday. Rhiannon just so happened to get a beautiful (Disney) Belle dress, and matching Bell doll! She was (is) so excited! I just knew I had to use that for today’s project. My little girl and her twin…

I can’t even tell you how much she loves this doll and her dress. Doesn’t she look adorable?

You can click on any of my photos to see them bigger, My journaling basically says when she got her dress and her “twin,” and how excited she is about it.

The kidlings helped me with this page too. Which is always fun, of course! :)

On to today’s preview. Say hello to Brittany!

Isn’t she cute? Her hair is so spunky, and I love her outfit. She’s got a wee bit of sass…but she’s mostly sweet, which is why I used the “sweet” sentiment in the upper left corner.

I used lots of dots of turquoise Stickles, since my card was so simple. It needed some glitz to make it a wee bit more exciting.

This card’s colors really didn’t photograph well for some reason. The background color is a true yellow, but it’s looking a little greenish in these pictures. But it’s mostly about Brittany, right? And she’s cute no matter what the lighting is like!

Remember, that all of The Rockers will be available starting this Friday, and you have 2 glorious weeks to play along with The Burtonesque Dolls. Please be sure to visit the Simply Betty blog and the Dolls’ blog for even more wonderful creations Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to come back tomorrow! Not only is it the Bombshell Hump Day Hop, but I will have another layout featuring the next “Rocker!” Have an inspiring day!

Comments

FitterTwit said…
The layout is AMAZING!!! And you did a fab job on the Brittany card (LOVE HER JEANS)!!!
I love the layout! Rhi rhi is so cute!!!!!

I am kinda diggin Brittany, she's quite a cutie!!
TRACEY O said…
Fantastic card Alison. Love the layout as well.
Lelia Pierce said…
Geez! Your daughter is killin me with the sweetness! Great layout and card too!

XXX

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...