Skip to main content

SISC #49: I’m so Touchy-Feely!

It’s time for another fang-tastic StampInsanity Challenge! This week, we groovy Gurlz are challenging you to see how many textures can you incorporate. Have any unique ways to texturize? Here’s my card, featuring one of my fave StampInsanity images (I say that a lot don’t I??? What can I say? They all rawk!), Kassandra.

It’s lumpy and bumpy! I textured the heck outta this card. I started off with the big moon. I used a Fiskars Texture Plate that has stars on it. Then I distressed the edges. I pop dotted it on to blue paper that I crumpled up and then sanded down.

Here’s a close up of Kassandra. I used my watercolor markers and pencils on her. I love her outfit. I want it. I just wish the bod still looked like hers! ;)

As you can see, I added to the texture challenge by tying some fibers through eyelets, and adding a few dots of Liquid Pearls. I used a mess of pop dots on the card as well, for even more dimension.

Now it’s time to check out the rest of the Groovy Gurlz! Have an inspiring day!

Ward 2:
Chelsea forSpecTextBoxBig Erica forSpecTextBoxBigTanya
Shell forSpecTextBoxBigJacquie forSpecTextBoxBigLisa
Alison (me!) forSpecTextBoxBigKapree forSpecTextBoxBigGabbi

Challenges:

Anything Goes Challenge: Distressing

Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes w/ optional something old: Texture Plate for me!

Paper Playtime: Anything Goes

Comments

sue said…
great card, thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x
Kathi said…
Odd. I commented and it didn't show up.

Take 2:
Fabulous image, wonderfully colored. I love all the textures you used in this fantastic card.
DonnaMundinger said…
Love your embossed moon and the crumpling looks FAB! Great bright colors against the darling image. (I gotta pull those out. sooo cute!) xxD
D said…
What a wicked cool digi!! Love all the great texture on your card. Brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime :)

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...