Skip to main content

High Priestess

I’m going to be honest…I was a bit intimidated by this image. It’s stunning, but super intricate. And even though I color every day, this image scared me a wee bit. But now that I have done it once, I truly look forward to coloring it again. What image is it? It’s the High Priestess from Smeared Ink’s Misty Benson Tarot Set 1. Let’s take a look.



Seriously, she is totally cool. But uber detailed. It took me quite a while to finish her up, because I really wanted to plan out her colors. And I really like the end result!



I only used watercolor markers for this image. No pencils! I know, it’s a shocker! I was really worried about the hair. I wanted to make sure it was just right. And by golly, it’s just how I pictured it should be!




Here you can see that I added a lot of glitter. All the white has Stickles, and I used some around the edge of the image as well. If you click on this or any of my other photos, you can see them bigger.



I had this cool chipboard swirl from Making Memories and I thought it worked really well here. This was such a fun card to make…once the intimidation wore off! I really love this stamp set! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
love the colors
Hi Alison, I'm here for the hop but I couldn't go past this one without commenting, it's truly stunning, and you did a wonderful job on the colouring :D
~Lady B~ said…
OMG! Her hair is AMAZING! Great job on this!
Micki said…
Wow, I love how you colored her and I agree with Lady B.... her hair is amazing. I always have such trouble with hair!!!!! I love it.
Alaine said…
Alison - - I love looking at this.I have come back several times just to stare at it! This is gorgeous!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...