Skip to main content

Katie For a Cure: StampInsanity Release & Challenge #

Hello! I am so happy to be sharing this week’s StampInsanity Challenge with you, for several reasons. First, we have an amazing new release. Second, this release is important. Third, it’s a fun collaboration with Fussie & Fancy. Fourth, and most importantly… it hit very close to home this week. Like, four houses away. More on that in a bit. Here is the new set called Katie For a Cure.

Katie-watermarked-set

Here is the story, in Beth’s words, about this very special digi set.

"Katie for a Cure is a very special set I designed to honor my cousin Kate, who earlier this year, at age 33, was diagnosed with breast cancer. Kate is the picture of health and vitality, and her spirit is magical. She has two very young children, and is in the prime of her life – which makes her diagnosis all the more distressing. As only Katie can, she is fighting this disease with the strength and grace of a pure champion. Her story is sadly not unique, but this is my Katie, and I had to do something. It is tragic, but I am sure that my family is not the only one to have this disease repeatedly rearing its head at us. It is my hope that together we will raise a donation that we can all be proud of. And if nothing else, Kate will get a smile from all the beautiful cards that you share with us. Thank you all in advance for your donations and your creations!"

Now, we have a color challenge this week! It is to use Pink and Black. Easy peasy, right??? Here’s my card.

Kelly's-Katie-1

Now, as I mentioned above…this hit very close to home. I made this card for my neighbor Kelly. Her Mom (also a neighbor of mine) passed away from Cancer just a few short days ago. To make matters even worse, her husband (Kelly’s Dad) passes away only 3 weeks ago. Needless to say, this has been a horrendous time for Kelly and her entire family. Especially her three kids. So, when the dust settles just a bit, I will be giving her this card. I don’t even know what to say to her…I just want her to know I’m here fr her. Having lost my Dad very unexpectedly 9 years ago, I know how she feels…to a degree. I can’t even imagine what she is feeling after losing both of her parents.

Kelly's-Katie-2

Here’s a close up of Katie. I used my colored pencils once again.

Kelly's-Katie-3

Here’s the inside. I made the large ribbon using a Sizzix die from a breast cancer set I have. Of course, the beautiful sentiment is part of the SI new release.

Kelly's-Katie-4

I stamped some flourishes and added a pink and black matte rhinestone.

I know this isn’t as much detail as I usually give, but I really want the stamp set to speak for itself. You can only purchase it at StampInsanity. It costs $10, and ALL proceeds are going to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Isn’t that wonderful?

KatieButton

Clicking on the badge above will take you right to the store so you can purchase this inspiring set for yourself!

Now please take a ride by the rest of the Groovy Gurlz to see what they have created!

Jacquie Lisa Juanita Jennifer

Margie Suzi Erica

Guest Groovy Gurls: Shelley Margreet

And be sure to also visit the Fussy and Fancy Challenge Blog too! Click on the button below!

th_ffiheartchallenge

Have an inspiring, and blessed, day!

Comments

Margreet said…
gorgeous card Allison.....I think this card will be a comfort for Kelly!
xxx Margreet
Maria Matter said…
oh Alison, this post brought tears to my eyes! So much hurt & sorrow. Your so kind in letting your friend know that you're there for her! Everyone just needs to know someone 'out there' cares for them!

Your card is gorgeous Alison!
take care
hugs & blessings!
Erica said…
I love the tearing around the image! Beautiful!
Unknown said…
Wow Alison!! Katie looks like she is glowing. Beautiful card.
Jennifer said…
GREAT details. I always forget to decorate the inside of cards. Thank you for all your lovely comments.
Beth said…
Oh, I am so sorry your friend passed. I'm sure your beautiful card brought a smile to her heart in such an awful time. It's gorgeous and you are incredible!!! xx
Cor* said…
Love the swirls and paper tearing! I admire the strength some people have!! She will appreciate the card, when the time is right. Glad to have joined you guys this week.
Juanita said…
Alison your card is gorgeous, love the tearing and swirls. I'm sure your friend will love the card. Hugs!
Lisa Foster said…
This is so beautiful Alison! I love how you colored her and the ribbon is just amazing!
Hugs,
Lisa
Cheryl Valadez said…
Alison, such a beautiful, heartfelt card. Kelly will find a lot of comfort in knowing you created this wonderful card just for her :) Also, way to work those pencils, girl! You brought this image to life in pink and black!
Your such a thoughtful sweetie! My heart aches for your neighbor and her family... another beautiful card! I love that you did the inside too!
hugs, margie

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

SBS and MIC Collaboration: Day 2!

It's Day 2 of the totally rad Simply B Stamps and Make it Crafty collaboration! If you missed anything yesterday (though I don't know how ya could have missed this!), below is all the info you need to know.  Make it Crafty and Simply Betty Stamps are really excited to be bringing you the combined Hollywood Release! Simply Betty Stamps has a range of characters from Betty Monroe, through to Action Chris the movie director!! Make it Crafty has a range of background scenes perfect to switch and match with your famous characters!! Of course we are going to have heaps of fun with this theme and June 1st & June 2nd we will be showcasing our stuff and then June 3rd we're bringing you a fun guessing game... Will you be able to guess the movie??  We'll be giving you some clues to help!! Join us for the two inspiration days and leave a comment along the way for your chance to win a selection of new images. There will be FOUR winners each day recei...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...