Skip to main content

WFW 7 Ribbons and Handmade Flowers

Finally! I finally get to play along with my friend Jen’s Wild Flower Wednesday! This week you were to use handmade flowers and ribbon. Click HERE to see the whole story. I decided to use one of Beth’s lovely versions of Morgan for this card.

ButterflyMorgan

I’ll be honest, I’m not loving how it came out. I love how Morgan looks… but the layout of the card is bothering me. I think I made the flower too big and it threw me off.

IMG_0535

But, I did make the flower! No punches, Sizzix, or any other tools. Just me and my fingers! And how pretty is this butterfly???

ButterflyMorgan3

Here’s a close up of Morgan. She’s colored in with my Spectracolor pencils. I love the green I used in her dress. It’s just so cheery! And Nix picked out the purple for her sash and hemline. She is also supposed to be holdig a basket of eggs. I cut it off for this version. I wanted the butterflies to be more of a focus on this card. Here’s a peek at the inside:

ButterflyMorganSenti

I’m tryin’ to be like Donna and fancy up the interior a bit! The senti is also one of Beth’s. Isn’t it fabulous? I used Lily Pad Glimmer Mist on the sentiment and on the outside of the card. My ribbon is from American Crafts. Papers are from Prism, Imaginisce, Provo Craft, and DCWV. The butterflies are really old and are from Amaco.

Ok. I’m posting this really late and I want nothing more then to snuggle up on the couch with some warm chocolate chip cookies. So I am off to do that! Have a great night!!!

Comments

Jen Shults said…
This is lovely Alison! I think the flower is just right and I love that you made it completely from scratch with no punches or anything. WONDERFUL!!! Thanks so much for participating!! Hugs!!
Laura B said…
Cute! I like your flower.:)

hugs,
Laura
Erica said…
Gorgeous as always! Love the mixed patterned paper. You need to share you magic on how to get the perfect match. Beautiful!
Tonya Klar said…
It's gorgeous! I love how you colored Morgan's dress. I am not very good with lighting so I'll have to come back to this so I can do Morgan's dress correctly! Love the colors! Love the flower!
Beth said…
Beautiful job!! I LOVE the dress - and the awesome flower you made!! Completely wonderful! xx
Unknown said…
Oh.... FINALLY I get to comment....I just wanted you to know Hun that I am always visiting you and seeing what you have been up too but don't always get to comment!! In saying that...This card is absolutely AWESOME sweetie...You are just knocking them out of the ball park lately!! I LOVE what you are creating!! Beautiful colouring and beautiful "inside" the card!! LYH!!! Xx
Gorgeous card, Alison! Love your butterfly! Beautiful job :)

hugs!!!
Leigh Ann Baird said…
I like how it turned out. The flower is lovely along with everything else on the card. I bought my first bottle of glimmer mist on Saturday. I got Pearl and I swear I've been spraying everything with it! LOL I'm hooked!
Daniella said…
When you "color" your cards, your images become art. She is so beautiful!! I love the flower you made!! the whole card ROCKS HARD!!!

Now, I have to go bake cookies!! I'll just blame the 20 pounds I gain on you!!

Who is Nix? Your daugher? I thought she had a different name (I know it is a nickname, but I thought her name was something else)

word to your mother
Julie said…
Wow, I got really behind in commenting - I'm sorry about that! This card is beautiful -- the colors are so lovely together and your coloring is perfect as always.
Alyssa S said…
lol I'm even farther behind than Julie! {hanging head in shame} I think this card turned out fabulous! The shading of Morgan's dress is gorgeous! I'm always amazed at your skills woman! You do fantastic work!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...