Skip to main content

I Want to Scream Spring!

It’s the beginning of a new week and I have to say, I’m feeling quite refreshed! The weather is absolutely gorgeous and I just want to run outside and garden! I’ll still have to wait a couple of weeks before I start that, but in the meantime, I have some wonderful things to keep me busy! Namely, I am now an official Groovy Gurl! I am a part of my friend Beth’s (from Stamp Insanity) brand new Design Team! I am SO excited about this!!! Her images are totally awesome (My Springtime Morgan card from the other day is one of her images), and I really can’t wait to share some rad new creations featuring her line!

But, back to Spring! Sweet Pea Stamps is having a Customer Challenge and you need to make a card that screams Spring! Get all the deets on their blog. But here is my super bright submission:

IMG_0344

I don’t usually make square cards, but I’ve seen a lot of people over at Sweet Pea do it, and it seems to really work for the size of these images. This is one of ching-chou kuik’s amazing fairies called Love is Gone. Well here, love is just beginning with the start of a new season.

IMG_0346

I colored her in using my Spectracolor colored pencils, and I have to say… I had a blast doing this one! I think all of the shading came out fab! Click on any of my pictures to see them bigger!

IMG_0345

I love these flowers. The are made of this divine shimmery fabric and are from Creative Impressions. The purple swirl is a Sizzix die. I was thinking about adding some ribbon, but I just didn’t want to go overboard with all the details I was adding. I’m always so afraid that I’m going to take away from the fairy! But, I’m really pushing myself to channel my inner Randi Wall (isn’t she just the best?!?!), and add a ton of fabulous layers and textures. I’m getting there!

So, my babies just woke up from their naps, so I think it’s time to go for a walk! Enjoy your day!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
WHAT A FUN CARD! i can't wait for spring myself :)
Tonya Klar said…
LOVE this card! It's so colorful! Congrats on being a Groovy Gurl!!
Micki said…
Wow, I LOVE it. Absolutely love her green hair and those vibrant colors just scream Spring. Totally LOVE it!
Unknown said…
Oh Hun!!! Congrast on the DT!! You will totally rock it!! And BEAUTIFUL card!! Your colouring just keeps getting better and better!! LOVING your work!! Xx
ellepaulette said…
Beautiful card and congrats on making the team!!
Alyssa S said…
So bright, fun and springy!! I love her green hair and the shading in her wings is just perfect!!
Congrats, you Groovy Gurl!!
jennifer said…
great card! thanks for playing along, jennifer
sweetpeastamps said…
I love the green hair, she turned out wonderful. Thank you for partaking in our challenge.
Lisa Foster said…
Hi Alison!
This card is beautiful! My Sweet Peas are on their way..can't wait til they get here! I'm so excited to be on the GG DT with you! Congrats!
Hugs,
Lisa
Julie said…
Oh my, that COLORING! It's really beautiful! You did gorgeous work on this one -- happy spring!! It's finally a tad spring-like here in the East -- we're getting there!
Daniella said…
I swore I left a comment already!! IDK.
Congratulations on your friends stamp dt thing?

BTW, if I had left a message, maybe you don't know who the hell I am. I met you at S&S, and followed your link to your blog!!

It is really rad weather today. Hope it lasts!!
LOVE this Alison!!! Those swirly purple things are awesome!!

Congrats on the SI design team. I looooooooooooove Maddie :)
Laura B said…
Gorgeous spring card! I really like the green hair!:)

hugs,
Laura
Randi said…
Beautiful Sweet Pea creation Alison!! It does scream Spring! I love these bright, happy Spring colors, especially the green hair and purple wings! Have a wonderful weekend!
Leigh Ann Baird said…
The colors are fabulous! Very springy card! Gorgeous!

Congrats on the DT position!
Beth said…
SCREAM it!! :) AWEsome card - perfect for spring! You rock. Have I mentioned that lately?! lol xx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...