Skip to main content

Midnight Waiting Version 1

Hello! I have one of my latest Sweet Pea Stamps creations for you today. This image is called Midnight Waiting and it is from ching- chou kuik’s Fantasy Art Collection, Plate #29. I was really inspired by one of the Sweet Pea design team members, Randi Wall. She posted an awesome tutorial, click HERE to see it. Now, I don’t use Copics as you all know by now, so I adapted the look to fit the coloring tools that I do use.

IMG_9923

I used chalks, colored pencils, a dash of Stickles and a dab of Stardust pens. You’ll see that I gave the fairy a gray wash, sort of like Randi’s. Here’s a close up:

IMG_9925

I wanted the fairy to be very soft. He dress is bold, but her skin, her hair, her wings… soft. Please click on the pictures to see them bigger. Although my version is obviously quite different from Rand'i’s, you can see that the inspiration came from her. I love the look she came up with so I needed to make my own version!

IMG_9926

You can see the sparkle a bit better here. So there you have it! Now I am off to make some more cards!

Hey! By the way, did you know that Smeared and Smudged now has a store? You can go there and buy some crazy cool stamps designed by our leader Terra and her sis Tori! Go and check them out by clicking HERE!!!

Comments

Laura B said…
Gorgeous! You did a wonderful job on this!:)

hugs,
Laura
Tonya Klar said…
This is GORGEOUS Ali! OMG, I love those blues. Randi is amazing and your version rocks just as much! Ya'll both did gorgeous jobs on this washed-out newspaper style!! BEAUTIFUL!
Jennifer said…
WOW, amazing. Blue is one of my most favorite colors. I like how you didn't jump on the Copic bandwagon.
Alyssa S said…
The variegation of blues is gorgeous!! I always thought I was more of a red/orange gal, but you pinned me a long time ago as a blue girlie. I guess you're right! Beautiful job!
Erica said…
I love this! The outfit coloring is amazing! Great work!
Wow! I love the blues! Such a gorgeous card, Alison!

hugs, margie
Beth said…
This is over the top - Awesome! Those icy blues are gorgeous!! Amazing job!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...