Skip to main content

TTIC #28 Part 2: The Commentary


Margie wanted us to discuss memorable weddings/wedding moments. Well folks, here ya go! My wedding... I could literally post hundreds of photos of the most magickal day of my life (and, if anyone is really interested, ask & ye shall receive!), but I'll settle for just 2 for now. The entire wedding, ceremony, reception, etc. was pure magick and joy. We had a Medieval themed wedding (yes, all of our guests came in costume!), and our ceremony was a handfasting (that's where "to tie the knot came from!), preformed by a priestess. Everything you see that I'm wearing (sans my headpiece) was made by my amazing mom (yes, that's where I get it from). My sis Pam & I designed my dress, I picked out my flowers (all silk, of course!), and the fabric for my cape. She went to town. My husband's outfit was custom made for him. Isn't he stunning???


Moving on... Gene and I made our wedding about US. It was custom created for US. Nothing like it anywhere- ever. We had the greatest time planning it, and the best time celebrating it. Could I pinpoint a favorite moment for you??? That would have to be when I knighted him (I TOLD you it was amazing!!!). Our guests had no idea what to expect- we told them nothing. All they knew was that it was medieval. So, when Gene drew his sword, got down in one knee and offered it to me, EVERYONE gasped. And then, I knighted him. Pure magick...

So, I did make another project for the TTIC... but my darling little boy would like me to read him a Miss Spider book. Kids come first! So, I will be posting Part 3 ASAP. Watch for it! Hope you enjoyed Part 2!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful pics Alison!!!! I love the theme, your dress is stunning- GO MOM!

xoxo
Sara

ps- Miss Spider is the coolest and it definitely comes first, i've read it many times to my nephews lol, so I get it :) have a great night!
Jacqueline said…
I love this!!! I have always wanted to do that! You are gorgeous also, just amazing, thanks for sharing this with us!!!
I love that. I Texas they have the Renaissance Festival every fall and it is so awesome. I used to go all the time when I was a kid and I loved it all. I like that time period and all their wonderful outfits. Here is the link, you should go check it out!

http://www.texrenfest.com/
Gorgeous! OMLV! You are so beautiful, hubs is a very handsome knight! Your pics are amazing!
TFS :*)
Anonymous said…
Oh wow! I've been drooling over these pics for 10 minutes! You are positively STUNNING!! How cool that you did your wedding like this. The whole thing is super cool. I'd like to see more pictures. I'm awestruck at the creativity and craftmanship of your family!! FREAKIN' COOL! My SIL goes to the Renaissance Festival every year and loves it. We haven't been yet but my husband is dying to!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...