Skip to main content

TTIC #25

This week, Twilight Tuesday has a 2 part challenge. One is to create a project showcasing what you love about Twilight (sorry gals... no time for that this week!). The other is to discuss what Twilight has meant to us. I have so many things I could write about here. Of course, my favorite scene is the meadow. I love Alice. The relationship between Bella and her dad holds a special, envious, place in my heart. So many things meant something to me... from just one little book.

But, I think I will discuss Chapter 11: Complications. I just loved when Edward asked Bella everything from her favorite color to which flowers she likes best. This part is special to me because it reminds me of when my husband and I just started going out so many years ago. That was us. Talking. Question after question. Discussion after discussion. Delving deeper into each other's souls further than we ever had with someone before. I think deeper than I had with myself before! I remember my face hurting at the end of each Thursday we had with each other. It hurt from smiling so much. That was such a magical time for me. I loved learning about, not only his life, but his soul too. I don't think there was much of anything we didn't talk about. And it was all so comfortable. Don't get me wrong... we talked about the "hard" stuff too. But it was good. It was good to talk to him about that stuff. And it was easier than it would've been with any other person. There was so much emotion too. Laughter, tears, kinda weird silences from time to time as we tried to digest whatever was just said.

It was wonderful. I loved that time. I love having deep conversations with him even now. But, those beginning discussions... those moments are precious. So yeah, I could tell you how rad the meadow scene is in my head (and how it was destroyed in the flick), or how much I enjoyed vampires playing baseball... but, that's what most people will tell you about. For me, this is a love story that is helping me to relive my own. And what a wonderful story it is...

http://twilighttuesday.com/

Comments

Julie said…
Hey -- a brand-new blog! This looks great! I really enjoyed reading your post -- I LOVED those moments between Edward and Bella in Twilight -- all those questions, all that conversation. Before the movie came out, I was worried about this part -- knowing that movies don't usually show people just sitting around talking endlessly. They hinted at it a bit in the movie, but it was nothing like reading that part!

Thanks so much for sharing some of your Twilight story, and for finding us at Twilight Tuesday.com!
Beautiful post Alison! I agree, the movie did not do well with showing how those conversations is what made them fall in love...
Thanks for sharing :)
Anonymous said…
Hi Alison- it was so great hanging out with you last Saturday am :) We had fun.

Great blog- it looks good and this post is awesome- TFS!

Hope to see you soon again!

XOXO
Sara
Anonymous said…
Oh I remember talking like that. I miss it too. It seems like "life" just gets in the way. SIGH! So glad you jumped on board the blogger express!! WHOO HOO!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...