Skip to main content

Pink Ninjas Prompt #37: What’s Your Stilo?

Hello! Sooooo…I’m kinda nervous, kinda excited… Many of you know by now how nervous I get with computers and new projects on the computer. I need details people, details! So when The Pink Ninjas (who I am now obsessed with…thanks Sarabeth!) said that we followers can become authors on their Art Walk blog, I hopped right on board, albeit I was shakin’ in me boots.

Their latest challenge was “What’s Your Stilo?” Meaning, what’s your style. Oh, and we were supposed to use some crepe paper but for some ridiculous reason or another, I have none! Oh well… Anyway, this is the layout I made. And, while I like to think I have several styles, there are some specific things I tend to do on most of my pages.

Just-Playin'1

Here’s Baby Rhi last year, shortly after she learned how to sit on her own. So this layout shows a lot of the elements I gravitate towards. Lots of color, different patterns and textures, inking, stamping on pages, and using different fonts.

Just-Playin'3

I stamped the swirls 2x, in 2 different blues. The stamp is from Autumn Leaves (Rhonna Farrer) one of my fave sets of stamps eva!!! I also added some teeny rhinestones to a couple of spots on the swirls. Click on the pic to see it bigger!

Just-Playin'2

I love to use a whole mess of fonts at once. Then I don’t hafta worry about running out of an “e.” I just use/make whatever I need from any set I have on hand. I think it adds a lot of intrest to a page too.

Know what I didn’t do on this page? Tearing. One of the things that I always seem to do. Weird. I did distress the edge of the pink square though. See how it’s a little rough around the edges?

So there you have it. I hope the fabulous Pink Ninjas like my post. I hope they let me post again! I am really excited about doing it because I so need to scrap. Yeah, I’m totally far behind, but I want to scrap. I have so many ideas for the multitude of photos I have. Time to get it done (ok…not done, really… but at least a little more complete then what it is now!). Hope you enjoyed! Have an inspiring day!

Comments

ladybrayton71 said…
Beautiful daughter and beautiful layout! I love the mismatched fonts...I'll have to give that a try as I'm always running out of my letters at a critical time.
Barb said…
Fabulous layout, Alison!
Tonya Klar said…
This is AWESOME!I love it when fonts are mixed like this. SO much more interesting! I love your layout and Rhi is just so beautiful. Great work, Ali!
Julie said…
I love everything about this post. Your layout, your gorgeous baby girl, and hearing about the Pink Ninjas! I just visited their blog -- LOVE IT!!! I am so glad you posted about them and are introducing them to people!
Randi said…
Fantastic layout Alison! Love the colors, the papers, the flourishes and of course the cutie patootie in the pic!!
Danielle said…
Sweet!! Love this. Your stilo rocks! I've heard of the pink ninja's and they are on my "must do" list, and I will!! someday....Bitchin'!
Leigh Ann Baird said…
Love the layout and the super cute baby! My kids are growing up too fast! My baby is 6!
Alyssa S said…
Oh my word!! Look at those cheeks! I just want to squeeze them. Z never had pudgy cheeks - he's always looked a little older than all the other babies.
Great page! I love it!
Beautiful layout! And Rhi is adorable!:)

hugs,
Laura

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…