Skip to main content

Sassy Anniversary Relay

Hello! A real quick post for you today, for a real quick project I made late last night! Sassy Studio Designs is having an Anniversary Relay. You can see all of the Day 1 Details HERE. I’ve gotta get this post up quick so I can move on to the next round! I don’t usually rush projects, but I only found out about the relay late last night! Here’s my project:

IMG_1864

I had this tag (actually, a ton of them) in my stash, and I thought Cassie would look totally cute on it. I colored her (again, kinda quickly) in my colored pencils, and used a stencil and some chalk for the background on the tag. Added some sparkly yarn and voila! Finished!

IMG_1862

I love her boots!

IMG_1863

I also chalked around Cassie a bit to dull down the whit that I had printed her on. Ok! Off to have some breakfast! Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Lisa Foster said…
Love this Alison! Great job...the chalking adds such softness! (This is one of my faves at SDS :)
Hugs,
Lisa
Erica said…
This is great! I love the simplicity! It's perfect! Hugs, Eri
Sara said…
Love it, she makes a perfect tag!
Crafting Queen said…
Lovely tag, really like the background. Thanks for the comment on my card. Anesha :)
Jennifer said…
It doesn't look rushed. Awesome project. Good Luck in the relay.
Kim Dellow said…
Fabulous tag! Love the background. Kim
Alyssa S said…
She is so fun and sassy! I love how you use fun yarns for your bookmarks - they've now made it to my shopping list b/c I love to make bookmarks and yarns are so much more fun for tassles!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...