Skip to main content

May Bombshell Blog Hop!

I’m participating in my second Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! This month, the challenge is called, “Look Ma, I did it!” Kas says:

Call it a Mother's Day theme....or Just fun.
This month, we want to see what you are made of....and what you can make.
You can make any sort of project, a card, a layout, an altered object...whatever...you just need to make a handmade embellishment. It can be a flower, button, etc... You just have to make it.
Pair it with a great Bombshell stamp and get ready for the bloghop.

Here’s my creation:

May-Bombshell-Hop

Yee Haw! This Bombshell is ready to wrestle up a bull, ain’t she??? So what did I “create?” I made my background using a stencil and chalk, plus Distress Inks. And, I made my little embellishment using a Nestabilities and one of the sentis from the Lil’ Grumpies set (obsessed? Hell yeah!). Here’s a close up of this purdy little wrangler:

May-Bombshell-Hop2

Please click on any of the photos for a close up.She’s colored in with my Spectracolor colored pencils. And then to dull down the colors I rubbed a whole lotta Antique Linen Distress Ink on top, plus a touch of Walnut Stain.

May-Bombshell-Hop3 

Here’s a close up of my handmade embelli and background. And I also used the May sketch for my card! I almost forgot to mention that! Here’s the sketch:

So I flipped it on it’s side and changed it just a wee bit, but I think you can still totally “get “ the sketch here, right?

And there you have it! I am one month closer to enjoying my Bombshell Month of July!!! Now it’s time for you to continue the hop! Here’s the full hop list:

Kas
Kelli
BoHoRose
Katie
Alison (that’s me!)
Angie
Kathi
Cheryl
Sy

Enjoy! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Shaz said…
Love you coloring work! Sentiment embellishments are so versatile, great idea!
First off I have always loved the Bombshell stamps. I had no clue that you were part of their dt until yesterday. I guess I am too busy reading what you post to look at the sides--lol

i really like how you colored the pinup cowgirl and used the inks to make it look vintage.

Have you done the newest Pink Ninjas challenge --random? I am having problems thinking of something to scrap for it. I posted new layouts using their kits on their gallery page though.
Kas said…
Super love the project. She is one of my fav stamps. Great job with the sketch and the card!!
Chelsea said…
Ha ha it's Kissing Kate Barlow! Love it. Great colors!
Unknown said…
hehe, this one is great Alison. Love the coloring you've done
Kathi said…
Fantastic card. Great take on the sketch. I love the coloring you did on the cowgirl!
Cheryl Valadez said…
Yeehaw, is right! This is one purty little filly! Fabulous card and that swirly background is amazing!
Unknown said…
I love the color...OMG...it's sweeeet!
Susan Payton said…
What a pleasurable experience touring your blog page has been. Thank you for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com
CraftyMomOf3 said…
Love this Alison!!!! Such a phenomenal job!!! Just gorgeous, fun and flirty!

XOXO
Meredith
Leigh Ann Baird said…
She's a right purdy gal! Lots of people talk like that around here (TN)! LOL Lovely card!
Daniella said…
Hot stuff for sure darlin'!!! Yee Haw!!!

Delightful and fun card. I love it!!
Angie Williams said…
Wonderful stuff!! I guess great minds do think alike! :)
Jennifer said…
I almost missed this. GREAT card.
KarmaCraft said…
I love the colors! And yeah, she's more than ready to wrestle that bull. Look out bull!!
stick said…
Fantastic, love your embellishment!
Alyssa S said…
Great card! I love her and still need to ink her up. The chalked background is really cool! Love the vintage, Westerny feel of this card!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...