Skip to main content

Wild Flower Wednesday 15- Distress It!

I made a layout!!! Finally!!! I have been itching to scrapbook, but it takes me so much ore time to do a page then it does to make a card… So sadly, with all of my commitments, the scrapbooking has fallen by the wayside. But when I saw Jen’s Wild Flower Wednesday Challenge (to distress your project), I knew I HAD to play along!!! I love to distress! Plus, a few challenges back, I was lucky enough to win 3 digis of my choice! Wait ‘till you see what I did! Here’s 2 of the 3 digis I chose:

ryedigiWM-500x500

SagedigiWM-500x500

This is Rye and Skater Sage. Aren’t they so handsome? Well, here’s why I chose them. First, I don’t have a lot of boy stuff. Second, Skater Sage looks an awful lot like my Phoenix. And third, Rye is wearing one of Phoenix’s fave outfits! Wanna see how I made my digis look just like Phoenix???

Going-Up1

Please click on the photos to see them bigger. I cut off the heads on both digis and swapped them! Doesn’t it look just like him now?

IMG_1851

Going-Up2

I am so happy with how Sage/Rye turned out! And yes, I dressed Phoenix specifically to take these pictures! How could I not? Plus, it is one of his favorite shirts!

Going-Up3

So I distressed this page in subtle ways. I inked the green cardstock with Antique Linen and Weathered Wood Distress Ink. Then I tore up some of the paper with my Edge Distresser. I scribbled white on my letters, and scratched some blue around the negative corners that the paper and pictures created.

This was such a fun page to make! Especially because of the adorable digis I got to play with! Now I want to go and make some more!!! I just hope the kids sleep long enough so I can do it!!! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Jennifer said…
What a cute! GREAT layouts Alison. I feel you with the commitments. Have a great weekend.
Leigh Ann Baird said…
This is a wonderful layout! Rye and Sage are adorable--I turn to them when I need a boy card.
Erica said…
This is adorable! I love how the stamp looks like Phoenix! Great layout!
Laura B said…
So very cute! I love it.:)

hugs,
Laura
Alyssa S said…
So stinkin' cute!! Love how you swapped the heads - makes a perfect little Phoenix! Your shading and distressing is perfectly awesome on this page!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...