Skip to main content

Black Cat Wreath

Greetings! I am so excited about my card today. This isn't for any challenge, or any Design Team...it's just because I was inspired and I had to make it. So I have totally fallen in love with the Gina K Wreath Builder Templates. I have seen a lot of beautiful wreaths with flowers and greenery from many people, but I wanted to step out of the box. Way out. The Wreath Builder Templates are perfect for making really cool cards for Halloween. I have a bunch made/in the works already, but this was my first, and i really love it.

I adore Hero Art's Luna the Halloween Cat stamp set. I love it's simplicity, it's elegance, and of course, all of the imagery. So I chose one of the lovely cats, and began to build my "wreath." I used VersaFine Clair in Nocturne to get a deep black, solid image. Then I moved on to the hats, and used Fantasia ink, also in VersaFine Clair. Of course, I also needed some moons and stars, and they were stamped with Brilliance ink in Sunflower. My sentiment was made with a sentiment that is from the Dreams are Made stamp set, also from Hero Arts. The sentiment was stamped with Twilight VersaFine Clair.

I made a thin mat of purple cardstock and mounted both pieces on a deep blue cardstock. I needed some sparkle on the card, so I applied some VersaMagic to the top and bottom of the card, applying the ink heavier towards the edge. Then, I sprinkled on Stardust embossing powder from Stampendous, and heat set it. I also added a few thin black lines for detail on the moons and stars.

I love how this turned out. I can imagine doing all sorts of unusual "wreaths" with the fantastic Templates from Gina K. I will be sharing a few during the month of October. But, I'll probably have at least one more before that! I am having so much fun with building wreaths.

I'll be back tomorrow with a new project for Doodles Paper Playground. I hope you'll be back to check it out. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Mary Holshouser said…
Clever idea.
Fantastic wreath.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...