Skip to main content

This Trio is Better Together

Hello everyone! Welcome to the Beth Duff Designs Summer Release Hop! If you've been on my blog this week, you've seen that I had 2 cards that featured the Better Together stamp set. I am so loving this set. The food is so cute, and I really like the sentiments. Well today, I have a third card using that set.


This card makes me think of summer on the boardwalk. Coney Island definitely comes to mind. Pretty sure I've had this as a meal there before.

I colored the food and drink using my Zig Clean Color Markers. I fussy cut them out, and then used foam adhesive on the back. I gave the drink two layers of foam to pop him up even higher. My background was done pretty easily, thanks to my Tim Holtz stamp platform. You can of course use another type of platform, or even just an acrylic block to do the repeated sentiment, but it is much easier in a stamping tool. I used various colors of Color Box chalk ink. I chose colors that coordinated with the marker colors I used on the food. 

I mounted my background on to a brown card base, but I felt that the card needed a little bit of shine. So I added a stripe of Queen & Co. washi tape. This particular tape is super glitzy and was just what the card needed.

We are so happy you joined us for the Beth Duff Designs Summer Release Blog Hop! These sets are a lot of fun and we are excited to see what you make with them. Please be sure to visit every stop in the hop. By leaving a comment on each of the posts, you will be entered to win a 15% off coupon to the Beth Duff Designs store! This contest is open to US and International fans. The full link list is below. Thanks for hopping along, and don't forget to join the BDD Facebook group to share your creations! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!












Comments

Karen said…
Really cute card!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...