Skip to main content

Coneflower

Greetings! I wanted to share a card that is very simple to recreate today. It uses only 1 flower stamp and 1 sentiment, plus minimal other supplies.
Supplies:
Stampendous:
CRS5104: Coneflower Cling Stamp Set
DS5104: Coneflower Die Set
EP503: Honey Embossing Powder
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper
DWNHB-9: 3/8" Stencil Brush

Other:
Imagine: Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black, Tangelo, Rich Cocoa. Brilliance Ink in Sunflower Yellow. irRESISTable in Wedding Dress. VersaMark Ink.
Neenah: Desert Storm Cardstock
Sakura: Gelly Roll Pen in White
Scrapbook Adhesives: Black Foam Squares, EZ-Dots

Directions:
1. Stamp the Large Coneflower on to Mixed Media White Paper two times with Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black.

2. Temporarily adhere the included stencil over one of the stamped flowers.

3. Using the stencil brush, apply Sunflower Yellow Brilliance Ink over the entire flower.

4. Apply Tangelo Memento ink to the edges of the petals using the stencil brush and remove stencil.

5. Apply Rich Cocoa Memento Ink to the center of the second flower. You don't need the stencil this time, as the center will be die cut.

6. Die cut both the yellow flower and the brown center.

7. Apply black foam squares to the back of the flower center and adhere to the yellow coneflower.

8. Use a white Gelly Roll pen to add highlights to the center.

9. Create the card base out of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock to create a side folding card. 11" x 4 1/4."

10. Place the completed flower on the card base to figure out where you would like it to be. Stamp a flower in the same spot, so that you can work around it and place it back exactly where you wanted it.

11. Continue to stamp flowers all over the card base to your liking.

12. Stamp the sentiment with VersaMark ink and emboss with Honey Embossing Powder.

13. Shake up Wedding Dress irRESISTables and unscrew the cap. Flick the straw to get droplets of white all over the card base.

14. Attach colored coneflower to the card base using EZ-Dots.

This would be a great card to make as a set, coloring the coneflowers a different color for each card. I'll be back soon with another creation. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...