Skip to main content

Poppy Fields and Window Panes

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is going to be sharing some great projects featuring florals and foliage. It's easy to make a greeting card for any occasion (or lack thereof) if you have some pretty flowers and perhaps a good sentiment. Today, I didn't use a sentiment, but my card doesn't really need one. 


Supplies:
Stampendous:
R262: Poppy Fields
DWLJ811: Jumbo Tile Stencil
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
FRGL01: Multi Crystal Glitter Mix
DWDPK: Palette Knife
Acrylic Stamp HandleVM001: VersaMark Watermark Ink PadDP111: Detail Black Embossing Powder

Others:
My Colors Cardstock: Banana Pepper, Tropical Splash
Deco Art: Media Fluid Acrylics in Prussian Blue
Artist's Loft: Watercolor Paints, Watercolor Paper
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry
Craft Mat



Directions:
1. Stamp image on to watercolor paper using VersaMark Ink, and heat emboss with Detail Black Embossing Powder. Paint with watercolor paints, let dry, and trim. 

2. Make a mat for the image using Banana Pepper cardstock and glue with Zip Dry.

3. Make the card base with Tropical Splash cardstock, and cut to 10" x 6 1/2." 

4. Attach the Jumbo Tile Stencil to the card base with some tape. Spread some Glossy White Embossing Paste on to a craft mat and add 1 drop of Pussian Blue Fluid Acrylic paint and mix, but do not over mix.Keep the color marbleized. Spread the colored paste on to the stencil and card base, but keep it slightly messy. Have some texture and and incomplete coverage. Sprinkle Multi Crystal Glitter Mix into the wet paste and let dry.

5. Attach the image and mat layers to the card base. 


You can head on over to the Stampendous Blog to see who else is posting along with me today. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Sabrina said…
Very beautiful card and beautiful flowers!!!
Your flowers are gorgeous and I lovelovelovelove the background too! TFS!
Viki Banaszak said…
So pretty! I love the colors that you used.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...