Skip to main content

Lemonade #treatyoself


Summer is upon us, and isn't it nice to kick back with a refreshing glass of lemonade? Today, I am going to share how the VersaMarker makes embossing specific areas easy.

Supplies:
Imagine Crafts:
VersaMarker and VersaMark ink pad
Memento Marker in Summer Sky
Memento Ink is Tuxedo Black

Others:
Sweet Stamp Shop: Froyo and Friends, Treats
Stampendous: Scenic Selections Embossing Powder Kit (EK141), Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adhesieves: Zip Dry Glue
Cardstock in shades of yellow and light blue
May Arts: Ribbon


Directions:
2016_jun_AH_lemonade_step2

1. Stamp the Drink on to Mixed Media Paper with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Using the VersaMarker's bullet tip, color in the drink itself, and sprinkle Clear Yellow Embossing Powder on top, and heat with embossing gun. This is a technique that you really can't achieve with anything other than the VersaMarker.
2016_jun_AH_lemonade_step3

2. Color the flag on the straw in the same way, and use Ruby Red Embossing Powder on it. Heat set. Add a little color to the top of the glass with the Summer Sky Memento Marker. Fussy cut the 2 completed drinks.
2016_jun_AH_lemonade_step4a2016_jun_AH_lemonade_step4b

3. To create the card base, cut a piece of yellow cardstock to 5 1/2" x 8." Make a mat of light blue cardstock to fit on the base. Cut an oval in pale yellow cardstock to the size of 3" x 2 1/4." Using the VersaMarker, draw a faux stitch around the edge and emboss it with Periwinkle. Make a small blue oval to 2 1/2" x 1 3/4." Stamp "yum" all over it with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
2016_jun_AH_lemonade_step5

4. On the blue mat, stamp the same drink stamp all over using the VersaMark ink pad. Heat emboss with Baby Blue.
2016_jun_AH_lemonade_step6a

5. Cut and glue a piece of yellow ribbon to the blue mat. Find a spot to stamp the Treatyoself stamp and ink with VersaMarker. Heat emboss with Ruby Red.

6. Glue all pieces down with Zip Dry Glue.
2016_jun_AH_lemonade_step6b

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...