Skip to main content

Bombshell Stamps November Hump Day Hop: Water World

Hello! Today is the last Wednesday of the month, so that means it;s time for the Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop. This month's theme is Water World. Bombshell has a lot of sets that include things pertaining to water, so I thought this would be a fun challenge.

For my project, I used Koi Tattoo. This is a new set for me. I have been wanting to play with it for a while, so I was especially happy to finally break it out of it's packaging.

I started off by stamping the focal image from the set on acetate with StazOn ink. Then, using watercolor paper and watercolor (to go even further with the Water World theme), I painted a very rough version of the image.

I used the stamped image as a guide. Not trying to be too perfect, but attempting to get the colors in basically the right places.

You can see the shine of the acetate in this photo. I adhered the watercolor paper with my ATG gun, and the acetate with eyelets. I like this technique. I think it would be fun to do a series of these with the same image, in assorted colors. Below is the full hop list. Be sure to leave some love for everyone along the way!



Thanks for stopping by! Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Marnie said…
So Amazing love how you used the acetate as an overlay.
Kathi said…
Really pretty. I like the effect of the acetate. Makes the fish look like it's underwater.
Kim said…
Soooo cool! This is beautiful, I love it! The acetate and watercolor look fantastic together.
LeslieT said…
This is awesome! Loving the colors and illusion!
Laura S Reading said…
Happy Thanksgiving!

Beautiful colors and I love the watery effects.
deniserows said…
ahoy...i'm a little seasick. lol. love the swimmingly great color technique
Anonymous said…
Great card! I love the technique you've used.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...