Skip to main content

July Freebies from Rick st. Dennis

Hello Bloggy friends! I am excited to share two new projects with you featuring Rick St. Dennis images. The best part? YOU can get these images for free when you visit the Sparkle and Glitter Blog and the Airless Chambers Blog.

This is the Summer Faerie, and I love her. she is just so cute!!! I love fairies in general, but this one is fantastic! I loved coloring her, and as soon as I saw her, I knew how I wanted her to look.

I was so anal about how I wanted her colored, I had to call my mom who works at one of the craft store chains to pick up the Yellows" set from Spectrum Noir, as I HAD to have them to finish her off! She is colored completely with my Spectrum Noirs. And yeah, even though there is not a lot of yellow on her, It was just what I needed to be happy with the finished image.

Now on to my card for Airless Chambers. It features another one of my favorite things....a dragon!

This is the Grumpy Dragon. Again, I used my Spectrum Noirs to color him in. I think perhaps he may have just woken up.....that could be the cause of the grumpiness!

I used a Texture Plate from Fiskars to create the scaly paper. I used a gold rubby paint on top to make it metallic.

So...are you excited to get these images for yourself? When you do, be sure to enter our contest as well. You could win even more images! So please visit the Airless Chambers Blog as well as Sparkle and Glitter. And don't forget to pop over Rick's blog to say hello as well! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Miranda said…
Love both, they are great
Laura B said…
Awesome projects! I love that scaly background on the dragon one!:)
DonnaMundinger said…
Fab work with both fun Freebies, Alison. Putting my thinking cap on. xxD
Fantastic work on both! Don't you love red and turquoise together?
Hugs,
Aletha

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…

Mosaic Bird

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is posting some of our projects from the October catalog that feature a "Mosaic Madness" theme . Below, you will see my project that features the Mosaic Bird stamp. 


Supplies:
Stampendous:
W176: Mosaic Bird
SSCM5003: House Mouse Friend Wishes
DCP1006: Fitted Frames Set B
STF082: VersaFine in Onyx Black

Other:
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 022, 023, 026, 031, 037, 038, 047, 048, 049, 050, 065, 068, 070, 080, 084, 202, 303
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side, Fireflies
Creative Impressions: Lavender Velvet Shimmer Ribbon- 70978
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Green Cardstock: unknown


Directions: 
1. Color Mosaic Bird image and fussy cut.

2. Cut the card base to 5 1/2" x 8" out of Ocean Side cardstock. Using a yellow-green cardstock, die cut the large "P" from the Fitted Frames set B, and the small "P" out of Fireflies cardstock.

3. Stamp a sentiment from the House Mouse Friend Wishes set using VersaFine ink in Onyx …