Skip to main content

April Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop: Color Challenge

Hello! It's the last Wednesday of the month (and my husband's birthday!), so it's time for the Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop. This month, I gave us a color challenge. I love doing those! Here's the palette, from Design Seeds.

I challenged the participants to use at least 3 of these lovely colors...though more is always better. The only shade that I didn't use is the gray.

I used Bombshell Angel and the Fun 'N Flirty digi clothes. I also used 2 stamps from the Cherry Bomb set, and the zebra print from Bombshell Patterns.

I colored my images using a mix of watercolor markers and alcohol markers. I love this outfit. It's sassy.

It's hard to tell, but the main card is cream. I thought white would have been too stark. But, I think it should have been a smaller card. Though, I do love that dotted paper. It's nice to see so much of it. Now it's time for you to keep hopping. And, if you have some Bombshells of your own to play with (you can get some free digis by signing up for the newsletter!), perhaps you will join us next month! Below is the full hop list. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!



Comments

GlitteryKatie said…
Beautiful card Alison!!
Kathi said…
Fabulous card. I love how you used so many of the colors and I also love, Love, LOVE the cherries with the banner. It's those small things...

Unknown said…
Love her. I stopped by earlier today and was trying to figure out how you got her clothing on so well. Love the coloring... She's just one hot momma.
Kim said…
Wonderful card Alison! That torn polka dot paper is terrific and I like how you combined the 2 stamp sets.
Alaine said…
Alison - I ADORE this card. I love how you colored her, the banner, the choice in papers. Everything!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...