Skip to main content

DICC #37: Sponsored by Doodle Garden

I cannot believe it. It is officially September 1st. Summer is over, my kids (plural!) are going to be going to school soon. And I will be at home crying. Literally. Thank goodness my daughter only goes in two times a week! Yeah, the quiet time will be nice for me, but man! I am going to miss my babies so much!
So since it is the first of the month, I have a new Desert Islands Crafters Challenge to share with you. This itinerary was created by Suzi. We have been sponsored by Doodle Garden this time around.


  1. Plaid/Tartan
  2. Books
  3. Pens & Pencils - as embellishments or to colour with!!
  4. Alphabet
  5. Numbers
  6. Apple for the Teacher
  7. Something New 
  8. Let's Play
  9. Anything but a Card
  10. Bright Colours 


I used numbers 3, 4, 6, 7, and 10. I made this for my Girl. I know she will love it. And, as is often the case, Phoenix helped me choose the colors for her outfit. Which is totally something Rhiannon would wear. He knows his sister's taste so well!  

I colored this cutie with my watercolor markers and my Copics. And my squiggle background was done with a Fiskars texture plate and Crayola pencils. Hell yeah! I went old school! But not for nothing (and I have said this before) Crayola pencils rock. They are awesome pencils. 

I didn't want to get too fussy with this card. I thought simplicity was better here. It's very Rhiannon. I know she will like it. And I hoe she loves school as much as I think she will. She already adores her teacher, so that's a huge plus. Ok....before I get all sniffly and sad, go and visit the rest of the DICC gals to see what they created. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Jenn Borjeson said…
Awww - I bet Rhiannon loves her card. And I bet she ROCKS IT at school. Sending you a big hug, mama. xoxo
Patty Tanúz said…
It's a beautiful work!!!! Love it!!! Kisses from Méxicooo:)
Hello here,
DICC #37: Sponsored by Doodle Garden
Neat publish! I feel an obligation to heart fully thank you for your effort throughout the website.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...