Skip to main content

2 New Digi Sets from Smeared Ink!

Surprise! It’s a blog hop with the Smeared Ink Design Team! Today, 2 new digi sets are being released Would you like to see them?

This set is Von Bayros.

This is Stitchy Situation.

I was given one of the Von Bayros images to work with, and this is what I came up with.

If you click on the image, you will see it bigger. There is actually a really creepy guy checkin’ out the sleeping lady. Pretty freaky, if you ask me! So, I decided to use “I need a restraining order” from the Love Grumpies set. The focal image is so busy, I wanted to keep my background pretty clean, so I only used a few pieces of torn paper.

I colored this in with my pencils. I actually think the curtain is the best part f this image. It reminded me of peacock feathers, so I colored it accordingly.

For today (5/9/11) only, Smeared Ink is having a special: Buy 2 digi sets, get 1 free.

Here is the rest of the Smeared Ink DT, please be sure to show them some love! Thanks for stopping by, and have an inspiring day!

Terra ~Tori ~Alison (me!)~ Kelli ~ Black Dragon

Lady Brayton ~ Kapree ~  Sugar ~ Dianne ~ Paula

Comments

I love what you did with it, your right,the curtain is great!!! The sentiment is perfect!!!
Carol W. said…
Love the new images! You did a great job TFS
DonnaMundinger said…
Fabulous image Alison, and your sentiment made me LOL. Beautiful coloring. LOVE this hop!
Tori said…
Excellent! i love the peacock drapes... This guy totally creeps me out! I LOVE IT!!
Sugar said…
ha! that is perfect! so you.. :) love it!
DK Spins said…
Gorgeous, I love your colored pencil work/style, Alison! And, yeah that guy is creepy - she does need a restraining order LOL
~Lady B~ said…
LOL! Awesome senti! Too frickin' funny! Love what you've done with your image!
This is creepilicious. (My own word) Love the sentiment.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...