Skip to main content

You’re Standing on My Tail

I am totally stoked to bring you my very first card featuring Lil’ Grumpies from Smeared Ink. I love this set! I have a feeling that this will definitely become one of my “go to” sets! Here’s my card:

Tail1

How great are these guys??? And they come with some of the funniest sentiments. Like this one here…”You’re standing on my tail.” How great is that??? And if you remember my Damon card from last week (and I am quite certain many of you do!), the “Suck it up” was from this set as well.

Tail2

Here’s a close up of my coloring. Done with my colored pencils by Spectracolor! I pop dotted the purple Grumpie. I really think these guys are hilarious!

Tail3jpg

I also love that the sentiments are done in a typewriter font. So cool! If you haven’t checked out the Smeared Ink line, please do! They are all on 8.5x11 unmounted rubber sheets. Let me just say this…this is the thickest rubber I have ever come across! You will LOVE the quality of these sets!

Wanna see more of the Lil’ Grumpies? Well, I’ll have some more to show you shortly (I already made 2 other cards with them!), and there are a ton of amazing examples on the Smeared and Smudged group. Go and see! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

LOL! Priceless! They rock!!! and I love the DP you used, these colors are amazing!

TGIF! hugs, margie
I have to say every time I see someone using digi stamps or the real deal , I want to run and buy. My problem is I have a hard time with cards---:(

I love seeing your cards. Thanks for sharing these cool sites.

Went to target yesterday bought summer stamps for .50 cents( from the 1.00 bin). thought you might like to know.
ellepaulette said…
What a fun card! Awesome!!! :)
Erica said…
I saw these little guys and was tempted to buy but I wanted to see them on a card. It is so cute. You did great! P.S. The blonde one looks like me right now (I just woke up!)
Hugs! Erica
Barb said…
LOL! Love these guys! The face on that purple guy cracks me up... like he's being goosed or something ;) Fabulous card, Alison!
~Lady B~ said…
I love this! Aren't the Grumpies a blast?! You did a great job on this card!
Alyssa S said…
Hilarious! These guys are adorable and your coloring rocks!
Daniella said…
Dude. For real. I left a freakin' comment last night, like 10 30. I also left one for another pal. NEITHER OF YOU HAVE YOUR COMMENTS. WTF??? It's a freakin conspiracy. someone is hacking into my computer.
Anyway, I love this!!! I told you, you color like IDK what. And the paper makes the grumpies and the coloring POP.
Awesome x1000. Bitchin' for sure!!
Daniella said…
know what? i think, I didn't do the word verification. that's probably what happened. although, my other pal doesn't have word verification. maybe I was sleep walking!!!
CraftyMomOf3 said…
love love love this!! so super cute!!

XOXO

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...