Skip to main content

Inspired by a Peacock…and a Vamp!

Can you be inspired by both and make one project? I say “hell yeah!” First, I was working with Lily (Bitten) one of the brand spankin’ new digis from my wonderful friend Tonya. Click HERE to see the others and buy the set for yourself! Then, Kim, one of my fellow DT members over at Smeared and Smudged has her latest challenge up… be inspired by a peacock! Well, let’s get on with it right???

IMG_1541

I made a 6x6 card and used a whole bunch of papers and stamps to create the card. Please click on any of my pics to see them bigger.

IMG_1542

Isn’t she beautiful? I love the sexual energy she’s giving off. She reminds me of Bella from the black Dagger Brotherhood. She is colored with my Spectracolor pencils.

IMG_1543

And here are some peacock feathers! I used colors inspired by a peacock too. Not so vibrant… I muted it down a bit.

IMG_1544

Don’t all of these papers and stamps give you the idea of feathers? Oh! And my lovely sentiment is from some Blog Candy I won from Alex. The stamp is from Sweet Pea Stamps.

I think the card came out really pretty considering all the different patterns I chose to use. And the colors are really chill… Which is just what I’m about to do! Go and chill…! Have a Happy Mother’s Day to all my Mommy friends!

Comments

Julie said…
Oooooh, pretttty!!! You did such a beautiful job with this gorgeous image. She is definitely BDB-Bella-like. I just finished the newest BDB today (sniff, sad that it's over) and those characters are on my mind today. :)
Kim Wilson said…
Love the card Alison :) That image is great! Good luck!
blackdragon said…
fantastic alison.... i had to buy these images but havent had time to use them yet.
i have been trying to ink my arch to stampinsanity since last friday... and cant... i cant even leave a comment... am i doing something wrong?
keep safe love lynx
Alyssa S said…
What a great card! I love the shine you added to her lips - makes me think she has some super juicy lip gel on! :o)
Laura B said…
This is so beautiful! I love these colors, really pretty!:)

hugs,
Laura

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...