Skip to main content

White Seashells with Stampendous

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is going to be sharing projects that feature the theme of Seaside Summer Fun. I really like going to the beach, and since I live on Long Island, the beach is never very far away! 



Supplies:
Stampendous:
CRS5090: Cling Seashells 
DCS5090: Seashells Die Set
SSC1246: Ocean Wisdom
FREG024: Aged Gold Embossing Enamel
MPW811: Mixed Media Paper
Acrylic Stamp HandleVM001: VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad
STF082: Onyx Black VersaFine Ink

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Seafoam
Faber-Castell: Gelatos #770115
Artist's Loft: Watercolor Paper
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue

Directions:


1. Start by applying 4 Gelato colors on to your watercolor paper (pre-cut to slightly bigger than the size you want for your card), and smear them across the paper, slightly overlapping the colors. Wet a brush slightly, and go over the colors, blending and softening the colors, keeping it very painterly. Let dry, and tear the edges. 

2. Stamp several shells with VersaMark on to Mixed Media Paper and heat emboss with Aged Gold. Die cut the shells using the coordinating dies. 

3. Arrange the shells temporarily on your dried background to decide where your sentiment will go. Using the Ocean Wisdom set and Onyx Black VersaFine Ink, stamp the sentiment on to the background. Attach the shells with Zip Dry adhesive.

4. Cut card base out of My Colors cardstock in Seafoam to 5 1/2" x 8" and fold in half. Glue background to card base using Zip Dry. 


This was the first time I ever used Gelatos (I know...sometimes I am a little behind on the crafting trends), but I loved playing with them! Below are the links posting along with me today. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 


Comments

Mary Holshouser said…
I love the shading in the background.
Great card.
thanks for sharing.
Creepy Glowbugg said…
This car turned out beautifully! I love the soft gelato background and the stamped images in gold and white are gorgeous!! I'll be keeping an eye on my mailbox for this one. :)
So beachy and spectacular! I am in love with the background and the whiteness of the shells and coral are stunning!
Becca Yahrling said…
Very nice! Love the distressing, too; perfect touch.
Linsey R said…
How pretty! Love your background against the shells! FAB
Viki Banaszak said…
What a pretty card! What a great background.
TracyM #6773 said…
DELIGHTFUL card!!!
LOVE your pretty background, sweet sentiment and treasures from the sea!!!
Jean said…
Just perfect!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...