Skip to main content

Splash Technique with Tombow

Greetings! The Stampendous Design Team is getting ready for a fantastic blog hop with Tombow. I love Tombow products, and I use them in many of my projects. Today, I am using their wonderful watercolor markers to share the Splash Technique with you.

I took a piece of watercolor paper and tore the top. I then stamped my skeleton and his top hat from the super fun Skeleton Style set, and I embossed it with black embossing powder. Then, I stamped and embossed my sentiment and bats, from the Spooky House set. Then I started to really play.

I pulled out a few of my Tombow Dual Brush watercolor markers and I scribbled on a large acrylic block. The colors I used were 985, 933, 636, 603, 055, and 025. Then I spritzed the block a couple of times with water. Then, I turned my watercolor paper over so that the images were face down, and I swept, dabbed, and tapped the paper across the acrylic block. There's no right or wrong way to do this, it's just a matter of how much coverage of color that you want. So simple!

I added some decorating tape to one side, and that was it! What an easy card to create. Think about all of the color possibilities, since there are 96 markers in the Tombow Dual Brush palette. So many options! Below is the list of ladies that are posting along with me today. Be sure to check them all out and leave some love!


Comments

Lyn Bernatovich said…
Super fun and spooky Halloween card Alison! Your style for sure!
This card is so COOL! Love the splash technique and am going to have to play around with it next time I am getting crafty!! TFS!
This card is so COOL! Love the splash technique and am going to have to play around with it next time I am getting crafty!! TFS!
Shari said…
Awesome card! I love it!! ^_^
Viki Banaszak said…
I love this skelleton stamp! So fun and your background is so spooky too.
Stampendous said…
OMGEEEE! This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing this spooktacular project today!
Mary Holshouser said…
I have the Tombow markers and love them.
This is a fun card.
Love the skeleton.
thanks for sharing
Illinois
D.Ann C said…
Neat color combo! Florida
Sue D said…
Great background for this spooky skeleton.
Sue in Ohio
TracyM #6773 said…
BOO-tiful card!!!
LOVE your GROOVY skeleton and - WOW - LOVE your background too, AMAZING INKING, a technique I look forward to trying!!!
Tracy from Victoria, Australia

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...