Thursday, August 20, 2015

Zeroing in on a new Technique: Dreamweaver Thursday

It's Dreamweaver Thursday and all this week, the Stampendous team has been sharing lots of amazing projects featuring these fantabulous stencils. Today I am sharing a project with a new (to me) technique, called the Zero Drawing Technique. This was fun and really easy!

HERE's a great video on exactly how to do this technique. Basically, I used a graphite pencil and 2 erasers from Tombow, plus a sponge dauber, and 2 great Dreamweaver stencils. I used the Leafless Tree Stencil and Pumpkins Stencil. I placed the pumpkins first, and then worked different parts of the tree around it. I also used the Zero Eraser to add some extra vies and leaves to the stems of 2 of the pumpkins. The Zero Eraser is so teeny that it's perfect for detail work like that.  The other eraser I used was the MONO NP Eraser.

After I finished my image, I distressed the edges and mounted it simply on black cardstock and then on to a white card. I kept it all on the left side so I could add a thin piece of black cord from May Arts. I'll definitely be using this project for the 31 Days of Halloween. It was so easy, and I think it could look super creepy if done right. Below are the rest of the ladies posting today. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

4 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

LOVE your card and technique Alison! Can't wait to try it. I need one of those kneaded erasers!

Pam Hornschu said...

I really need to play with this technique. Very cool!

BurningRubber said...

I need to try this! It looks awesome! TFS

barbara macaskill said...

OMG!! This is so freakin' awesome!! I am definitely going to be giving this a try and will be adding this book to my toolbox!!!
Your card is absolutely amazing!! There are so many possibilities with this technique that my mind is racing like a Nascar driver with the checkered flag in sight! WOWWOWWOWWOWWOW! LOVING IT!TFS!