Skip to main content

Faber-Castell and Stampendous! Collaboration


Hello! I am excited to have another project to share with you for the Stampendous! & Faber-Castell collaboration. What a fun week this has been! This week, the Stampendous team gets to play with lots of wonderful Faber-Castell products. We are showcasing the Art Grip Aquarelles Watercolor Pencils. PITT pens and Pastel Pencils, and our very special guest Nathalie Kalbach will be sharing projects with Gelatos. We are really "Blogging in Color" this week!

I started by stamping the beautiful hydrangea from the Cling Hydrangea Garden set. I used Memento ink on watercolor paper. I colored the flowers with 140, 141, and 143 from the Art Grip Aquarelles Watercolor Pencil collection. I tried to make the lower (or further back) flowers darker, and then lighter as they went towards the forefront. I also colored a single flower (that's a separate stamp in the set). I colored them in sections, going from left to right, adding the water after I colored in a few flowers.

For the foliage, I used #'s 104, 166, and 168. I should also mention that I colored from the darkest shade to lightest all of my elements. For the butterfly, I used #'s 108, 115, 117, and 250. The body of the butterfly was done with PITT Pastel Pencils, as I don't yet have the neutral set of Aquarelles (but I certainly plan on getting very soon!).

After I fussy cut all of my elements out, I took out some light orange cardstock, turquoise acrylic paint, and the super cool I Beam stencil. I used a medium sized stencil brush, and after I taped down my stencil on to my orange cardstock, I dabbed on my paint. it dries nice and quick, so I didn't have to wait long to assemble my card. I cut out the stenciled cardstock, and distressed the edge.

I inked the edge of my card base with a pale blue ink, and started to glue my pieces down. I added pop dots to the single flower, right on top of where the original is on the main hydrangea. I then pop dotted the butterfly as well. This was such a fun card to make! I loved combining the Aquarelles with these lovely stamps. And then using the lattice-like stencil to finish it all off. I hope you have enjoyed this very colorful week! There are lots of folks joining in today, so please be sure to visit them all and leave them some love. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

*Please note, if there is difficulty commenting on any blog, please let us know at submissions@stampendous.com. If the Blog Hop Post isn’t visible when you get to the link, try clicking on the blog header or home button to be taken to the latest post. If you still don’t see it, you may need to scroll down a few posts, sometimes bloggers have more than one event in a day. It’s also possible that the post isn’t live yet, please try back in a bit if you don’t find it. Due to time zone differences, we’re not all always on the same page. Thanks for your patience and your participation and kind comments.

Comments

Suzi McKenzie said…
Absolutely gorgeous colouring of these beautiful stamps. Love your stenciled background too <3 xxx
Diane said…
Beautiful, a lot of work went into this, but so well worth it, as it is gorgeous!!
Jamie Martin said…
Beautiful card, one of my favorite stamp sets and the colors are so vibrant and pretty!
BEAUTIFUL coloring techniques! LOVE this colorful card!
Lyn Bernatovich said…
Love how vibrant your colors are! This is a gorgeous card Alison.
TracyM #6773 said…
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS card Alison!!!
LOVE your BEAUTIFUL butterfly and the DELIGHTFUL colour & dimension of your FABULOUS fussy cut hydrangea - WOW!!!
FeM said…
Love your coloring. That butterfly pops out at you... love it.
Jackie PN said…
OH MY Alison!! What a stunning card!!
Mary Holshouser said…
The butterfly looks just like the ones flying around in my yard.
the fussy cutting made for a wonderful design.
The coloring is great.
thanks for sharing a fantastic piece.
Salnclts said…
What a beautiful card!!
Viki Banaszak said…
This is gorgeous!!!!! I love hydrangeas and that background you created with I-beams is so vibrant. It really pops.
Amazing background and beautiful coloring! LOVE the splendiferous butterfly too! GORGEOUS! TFS!
so pretty! Love the combination of Dreamweaver, Stampendous, and Faber-Castell....perfection!
D.Ann C said…
What wonderful coloring!
Unknown said…
ONE OF MY FAVORITES Alison. Your flowers are OVER THE MOON wonderful. Just think this is FABULOUS. j.
Greta said…
Love your coloring!
Lea said…
Gorgeous card, my sweet friend! Superb coloring and the stenciled background is fantastic! I love it!
Thank you for sharing!!
Kailash said…
Beautiful coloring, gorgeous card!!!
LChippy76 said…
((( W O W )))
GORGEOUS!!!!
L O V E !!!
K.E. said…
Beautiful flower and colors
Great choice of colors for the butterfly. it really pops off the flower. TFS
Pammejo said…
Beautiful, love your hydrangeas.
Jean said…
Such beautiful layering and coloring! Love this!
Ruby Craft said…
Beautiful depth of color on your hydrangeas. Love your water coloring and the use of stencil and paint for your background. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing how you created it.
Sue D said…
Beautiful coloring and I like the background.
Sue in Ohio
P Beatty said…
What a beautiful card. You did a great job!
Judy said…
Very pretty card, love your design and coloring. Thanks for sharing.
CreativeJanine said…
So pretty! I love hydrangeas, and you've done such a great job of coloring. Yea, you!
oh I love the blue and orange on here!
Ink Art Designs said…
Hi Alison. Your eye goes straight to the butterfly...the use of the orange with the stencil helps the butterfly really pop. A gorgeous make, and very clever in design.
Dot (Aus) x

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Remembering Aletha

Greetings, Friends. This post today is part of a very special blog hop. We are celebrating the life of an amazingly talented artist and friend. The crafting community lost Aletha Jane Williams on May 5, 2019. Those of us that worked with her on Design Teams or on Challenge Blogs all agree that she was one of the sweetest and most talented women we knew. We are not here to mourn her loss though. This hop is happening in conjunction with a very special celebration of her life and her art that her husband Bob is holding in her home city of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Please join us in honoring our incredibly creative friend Aletha . My card features the "Remembering Aletha" Sprite, which Mitzi (owner and artist of Aurora Wings ) created specifically for this hop. She is generously giving the digi away to all, over on her blog. This sweet Sprite looks so much like Aletha, and I know she would have been honored. If you download this digi for yourself, please be sure to give a huge "