Skip to main content

The Burtonesque Dolls: Strange Skin…Willy Wonka Style!

Greetings! I am thrilled to bring you my very first post as a Burtonesque Doll! I am totally honored to be a part of this awesome team. And what’s even cooler is that my sister Pam (you know her from Strange Skin) is on the team too!!! Isn’t that rad?!?! On to the party!

Here’s the challenge: “Monsters have taken of the chocolate factory! Today we challenge you to take your inspiration from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, but  Monster-ize it! Maybe a new chocolate can be made? Or use colors inspired by the movie and apply it to a gruesome image and make it fun, funky and all Burton!”

Strange Skin just happens to be the sponsor this week. So I just had to use one of the Cameos. They are my favorite collection from Strange Skin. I chose to work with the Witch. ‘Cause she’s awesome!

I think she’s pretty Wonka-fied, no? I colored her up with my pencils, and verrrry carefully cut her out. Then I used a wacky combination of papers and cut them out for the background. It took a long time to do all the cutting, but it was totally worth it!

If you click on any of my pictures, you will be able to view them bigger. I love all of the little details on this image!See how the crescent moon becomes a piece of cheese for the rat? Brilliant!

You can see here that I pop dotted the Cameo. She got a little lost laying directly on all of those patterns! The foam dots really helped break it all up.

So??? Are YOU up to the challenge? I bet you are! And you really should play along…because then you have the chance at winning some Strange Skin digis for yourself! But for more Monster and Wonka love, please visit the rest of The Burtonesque Dolls!

Betty ~ Suzi ~ Danielle ~ Pam

Tracey O ~ Rebecca ~ Rosa

Thanks for stopping by! Have an inspiring day!

Comments

DonnaMundinger said…
Congrats on the new DT gig, Alison! What a fab debut. You've definitely "Wonkified that cool image and the background is AMAZING! xxD
Kelli said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I am so ready for this challenge!!! I am so so so happy for you, but you knew that already!!! MWAH!
Erica said…
This is absolutely amazing Ali! I love it. So creative and very whimsical!
Anonymous said…
Welcome Alison!!! Judging by this AWESOME creation... you're gonna fit RIGHT in!!!

Danielle a.k.a. FitterTwit
Rosa Witten said…
We are sooo happy to have you Alison! This card is Awesome, that was a lot of cutting and that image is really cool.
:)
TRACEY O said…
Fantastic card Alison. Love the funky background.

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…

Mosaic Bird

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is posting some of our projects from the October catalog that feature a "Mosaic Madness" theme . Below, you will see my project that features the Mosaic Bird stamp. 


Supplies:
Stampendous:
W176: Mosaic Bird
SSCM5003: House Mouse Friend Wishes
DCP1006: Fitted Frames Set B
STF082: VersaFine in Onyx Black

Other:
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 022, 023, 026, 031, 037, 038, 047, 048, 049, 050, 065, 068, 070, 080, 084, 202, 303
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side, Fireflies
Creative Impressions: Lavender Velvet Shimmer Ribbon- 70978
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Green Cardstock: unknown


Directions: 
1. Color Mosaic Bird image and fussy cut.

2. Cut the card base to 5 1/2" x 8" out of Ocean Side cardstock. Using a yellow-green cardstock, die cut the large "P" from the Fitted Frames set B, and the small "P" out of Fireflies cardstock.

3. Stamp a sentiment from the House Mouse Friend Wishes set using VersaFine ink in Onyx …