Skip to main content

May Bombshell Blog Hop!

I’m participating in my second Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! This month, the challenge is called, “Look Ma, I did it!” Kas says:

Call it a Mother's Day theme....or Just fun.
This month, we want to see what you are made of....and what you can make.
You can make any sort of project, a card, a layout, an altered object...whatever...you just need to make a handmade embellishment. It can be a flower, button, etc... You just have to make it.
Pair it with a great Bombshell stamp and get ready for the bloghop.

Here’s my creation:

May-Bombshell-Hop

Yee Haw! This Bombshell is ready to wrestle up a bull, ain’t she??? So what did I “create?” I made my background using a stencil and chalk, plus Distress Inks. And, I made my little embellishment using a Nestabilities and one of the sentis from the Lil’ Grumpies set (obsessed? Hell yeah!). Here’s a close up of this purdy little wrangler:

May-Bombshell-Hop2

Please click on any of the photos for a close up.She’s colored in with my Spectracolor colored pencils. And then to dull down the colors I rubbed a whole lotta Antique Linen Distress Ink on top, plus a touch of Walnut Stain.

May-Bombshell-Hop3 

Here’s a close up of my handmade embelli and background. And I also used the May sketch for my card! I almost forgot to mention that! Here’s the sketch:

So I flipped it on it’s side and changed it just a wee bit, but I think you can still totally “get “ the sketch here, right?

And there you have it! I am one month closer to enjoying my Bombshell Month of July!!! Now it’s time for you to continue the hop! Here’s the full hop list:

Kas
Kelli
BoHoRose
Katie
Alison (that’s me!)
Angie
Kathi
Cheryl
Sy

Enjoy! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Shaz Wall said…
Love you coloring work! Sentiment embellishments are so versatile, great idea!
First off I have always loved the Bombshell stamps. I had no clue that you were part of their dt until yesterday. I guess I am too busy reading what you post to look at the sides--lol

i really like how you colored the pinup cowgirl and used the inks to make it look vintage.

Have you done the newest Pink Ninjas challenge --random? I am having problems thinking of something to scrap for it. I posted new layouts using their kits on their gallery page though.
Kas said…
Super love the project. She is one of my fav stamps. Great job with the sketch and the card!!
Chelsea said…
Ha ha it's Kissing Kate Barlow! Love it. Great colors!
MrsETaylor said…
hehe, this one is great Alison. Love the coloring you've done
Kathi said…
Fantastic card. Great take on the sketch. I love the coloring you did on the cowgirl!
Cheryl Valadez said…
Yeehaw, is right! This is one purty little filly! Fabulous card and that swirly background is amazing!
BJ said…
I love the color...OMG...it's sweeeet!
Susan said…
What a pleasurable experience touring your blog page has been. Thank you for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com
CraftyMomOf2 said…
Love this Alison!!!! Such a phenomenal job!!! Just gorgeous, fun and flirty!

XOXO
Meredith
Leigh Ann Baird said…
She's a right purdy gal! Lots of people talk like that around here (TN)! LOL Lovely card!
Danielle said…
Hot stuff for sure darlin'!!! Yee Haw!!!

Delightful and fun card. I love it!!
Angie Williams said…
Wonderful stuff!! I guess great minds do think alike! :)
Jennifer said…
I almost missed this. GREAT card.
KarmaCraft said…
I love the colors! And yeah, she's more than ready to wrestle that bull. Look out bull!!
Whisk Woman said…
Fantastic, love your embellishment!
Alyssa S said…
Great card! I love her and still need to ink her up. The chalked background is really cool! Love the vintage, Westerny feel of this card!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…