Skip to main content

Birdie Greetings

Greetings! This week, the Stampendous team has been sharing some last minute holiday projects. Today, I have a card that features the sweet Birdie Greetings.

Supplies:
Stampendous:
R299: Birdie Greetings
EJK08: Frantage Encrusted Jewel White Kit (Multi Crystal Glitter Mix and White Mica Flakes)
DP102: Detail Gold Embossing Powder

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Evergreen
Imagine: On Point Glue, VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black, VersaMagic Ink Pad and Pen
Zig Clean Color Markers: 028, 034, 044, 061, 062, 066, 068, 070, 075, 092, 096, 260, 302
Beacon Adhesieves: Zip Dry Glue
Canson Mixed Media Paper
Water Brush

Directions:
1. Stamp the image on to Canson Mixed Media Paper with Versa Fine ink.

2. Color the image using the Zig Clean Color Makers listed, and use a water brush to help blend.

3. Using the VersaMarker, color in the open areas of the scroll work, as well as the "S" and "G."

4. Sprinkle those areas with Detail Gold embossing powder and heat set.

5. Using On Point Glue, fill in the snow and sprinkle with Multi Crystal Glitter Mix.

6. Let dry.

7. Fussy cut the image.

8. Create the card base out of Everygreen cardstock and cut to the size of 5 1/2" x 8."

9. Apply VersaMark on all 4 edges of the card base.

10. Sprinkle with Detail Gold embossing powder and heat set.

11. Sprinkle White Mica Fragments around the edge of the card. Use the cut out image as a guide for placement, but do not glue down stamped image yet.

12. Adhere Mice Fragments with On Point Glue. You may find it helpful to use tweezers, a pin tool, or even an open paper clip to move the flakes around.

13. Glue stamped image using Zip Dry glue to the card base.

Please be sure to visit the rest of the Stampendous team by visiting the Blog. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Denise Bryant said…
Adorable card! Love those sweet birds in their winter scene! Pretty coloring!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...