Skip to main content

Bird on a Branch: Fantastix & Kaleidacolor


Hello, today I have a Fall themed card to share that features a coloring technique using Fantastix by Imagine.
Supplies:
Imagine:
Kaleidacolor: Cappuccino Delight and Vineyard
Fantastix: Bullet and Brush Tips
Sheer Shimmer Spritz: Sparkle
VersaMagic: Wheat
Memento: Potters Clay
VersaFine: Onyx Black
Ink Potion No. 9

Other:
Stampendous: Winter Tweets Stamp and Die set
Canson: Mixed Media Paper
Card Base
Adhesive

Directions:

1. Stamp the bird with VersaFine ink. Using the lightest shade in the Cappuccino Delight Kaleidacolor palette, ink a brush tipped Fantastix and begin to apply it to the chest of the bird. I wasted to give the bird a soft, brushy look, so I didn't apply my colors to heavily.

2. Move through the color palette to achieve the desired look on the bird. The brush tip Fantastix is perfect for fine detail work. You can see that I also kept out my simple color chart of the Kalediacolor set, so that I can see exactly how the shades will look when they are dry.

3. After you have colored the bird to your liking, die or fussy cut the image out.

4. Use the accompanying stencil (a tree) to create the background. Tape the stencil to your paper. Using the bullet tipped Fantastix and the Vineyard Kaleidacolor, apply the taupe color to the stencil. Again, I did not go heavy with the color. Instead, I shadowed the tree branches, and pulled the color upward lightly. Next, use the gray tone in the palette to add some dimension and weathering. You can apply some Ink Potion No. 9 with a brush to the branches to blend the colors a bit.

5. Apply the green shade to the leaves. Then use the lightest shade in the Cappuccino Delight palette to give the branches more of a Fall look. Apply the middle shade of the Cappuccino Delight palette to the berries. Remove the stencil.

6. Apply VersaMagic in Wheat to the border. Spray Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Sparkle from high above the stenciled image. Don't spray it too close, or you could wet the stenciled ink too much. You can see a bit of the sparkle below.

7. Apply Potter's Clay Memento to the card base. Glue the stenciled image to the card base, and the bird to one of the branches.

Here is the completed card. I love the soft, painterly look the Fantastix create. Thank you for checking out my project!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...