Skip to main content

September Hump Day Hop: Speed Demons- Masters of Transportation

Greetings! It's time for the September 2013 Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! This month, the theme I chose was Speed Demons- Masters of Transportation. Bombshell Stamps has so many images to choose from for this theme. Motorcycles, hot rods, even a ship! So I wanted the participants to use any of these Speed Demons as the focus of their projects. Here's what I created.

I made a tag using Speed Shop and Pin-Stripes. I colored my hot rod with colored pencils. The tag I painted with acrylic paint. I kept the finish uneven on purpose. The big pin stripe was stamped with acrylic paint as well.

I used a silver pencil for the chrome on the car, so I decided to go with the silver idea further and heat emboss my phrases and the crown in a bright silver. I love the added shine. I also added a bit of highlighting with a white gel pen.

There you have it! So, do you have any of the Bombshell Stamps speed demons? Well, the folks below do, and they want to show off their projects! So please be sure to visit every stop on the list. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Marnie said…
This is awesome love your embossing and highlights!
GlitteryKatie said…
Cool tag! We're tag buddies!
I love your tag!!!! the colors are great!!!!
Kim said…
Fabulous tag! I love the way you colored the speed demon. The embossing and highlights are great too.
Kas said…
I like the way the acrylic looks with the stamp.
deniserows said…
love the use of the stencils/lines whaddya call them? great colors too
Unknown said…
Fun tag. Great colors. Love the distress painted background.
Kathi said…
This is fabulous! I love the painted and embossed bits and love the color you used for the car!

I actually saw a car that color the other day!
Susie Little said…
Love the colours you've used, so vibrant! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...