Skip to main content

DICC # Jenn’s Itinerary

March 1st is here. This is my least favorite month of the entire year, and it started of rather poorly, as I found out that Davy Jones of the Monkees passed away yesterday. You are probably thinking, “Why is rocker chick Alison so upset about this?” Well, Davy was my first Heartthrob. The Monkees were my very first concert, the very first “grown up” album (before them, it was all Sesame Street and Alvin and the Chipmunks), my first obsession… I LOVE the Monkees, and Davy was always my favorite. Star Collector has been my ringtone for years, I own the boxed set of the show, I have a lunch box…you get the idea. So when I found out about his passing, I had a hard time not breaking down in front of Phoenix. It may sound silly…but when you practically worship someone since 6th grade, to find out that you will never see them in concert again, you will never hear a new song…it’s a tough thing for me to take. Especially on the eve of March.

I really needed to get that out. I think I will need to have another post about Davy at a later date.

Ok, now that I have depressed you…let’s move on to the newest Desert Islands Crafters Challenge. This month’s Itinerary was created by my fellow DT member Jenn. And this, my friends, is a great itinerary. It has unusual items, that make you think, and the combination is fun! Here it is.

1.) Vintage
2.) Distressing
3.) Make the text/sentiment the focal point
4.) Dress forms
5.) Steampunk
6.) 3 or more ribbons
7.) Fussy cutting
8.) Anything but a card
9.) Metal hardware (charms, brads, eyelets, etc.)
10.) No patterned paper

I used numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, and 10. I decided to make an art journal entry, as my art journal has been quite neglected.  I started with the dress form image that I got from Free Vintage Digital Stamps. I used some vintage paper, stamps, Distress Inks, stencils, and some Copics.

This was a lot of fun, because I just played… I really need to art journal more often. Phoenix questioned my lack of color…but I liked that I did something so different from what I normally do. I thought it was quite interesting that he wondered where all my color was though.

Now it’s time for you to visit the rest of the DICC girls. Please visit the blog to see all of the wonderful creations! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day.

Pin It

Comments

Jenn Borjeson said…
Alison, I'm so sorry that you're feeling so sad about Davy. Sending you a big old hug, girl. Thanks for rocking the itinerary this week - LOVE your art journal pages. xoxo
Laura B said…
Your page is absolutely gorgeous! Sorry you're feeling down. I totally understand, though. Big hugs, sweetie!
ike said…
Fabulous page - this is soooo cool. :-) Sorry you are down about Davy. I was more of a Mike Nesmith girl myself. It makes me feel old when these icons of pop start going !!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...