Skip to main content

Jude and the Rockers Christmas Release!

Surprise! I have a new Simply Betty Stamps release to share with you today! Betty decided to let these stamps out of their cage a little earlier than expected…which is great for you, because now you have more time to play with them before the holidays! I have a bunch of cards created with these images, and you can see all of them on the Simply Betty Stamps Blog, but here, I’m only going to show you 2 today. The rest I’ll chat about tomorrow.

The first is Carrots for Rudolph Ariel. I love her! I always yused to leave carrots out for Santa’s reindeer, so this image holds a special place in my heart.

Isn’t she a cutie? And look at those yummy carrots! I colored Ariel in with my colored pencils.

There’s a bit of a glare on this pic, the top one’s colors are truer, but you can see all the high and lowlights I’ve got going on. She was super fun to color…and she’d be pretty good for that colored pencil tutorial I’ve been asked to do…What do you think?

I’m very excited about this next card. This one also features Ariel, but it also has Cookies for Santa Jude in a special Christmas Duo image. And I didn’t make it…Phoenix did!

He wanted to color with me, so I let him choose which image he wanted to work with. He saw me coloring Ariel, and decided he wanted to color her just like I did! And you know what? He did a great job CASEing me!

Pink nightgown with yellow spots, Green slippers WITH highlights! He even borrowed my pencils to use the same color for the pot and her hair! Seriously, ya gotta click on this picture to see the comparison better.

He decided to make this card for my mom. Wanna see the inside?

2011 September 501

He calls my mom Grandmama…like in The Addam’s Family? As per her request. :) How do you like his vehicles and rainbow on the right side?

2011 September 502

I have a special stamp that I use on the back of my cards, so Phoenix decided to create one for himself! How awesome is he???

So have I peeked your interest on the rest of the new Jude and the Rockers Christmas images? Then hurry on over to the Simply Betty Stamps Blog and see the whole group! Then go on over to the SBS Store to pick up these cuties for yourself! And if you come back here tomorrow, I will have all the details on the rest of my creations. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Lelia Pierce said…
I love, love the way you colored Ariel! What a beauty! Nix's card is amazing...you should be proud...he's got skills!

XXX
Alison ... Nix melts my heart, he is adorable and very talented :)
Oops Your card pretty FAB too :)
Nix - your card is fantastic and I know your grandmama will treasure it always. Well done.
Mum's card is good as well, but then she's had a bit more practice. lol
Keep up the good work :)
Awww... He is a budding artist!!! I love it and he is doing so well with his coloring and getting some highlights in there!!! Beautiful!!!

Your card is pretty cool also!!! Hugs!!!
DK Spins said…
To Phoenix: You did such an outstanding job on your card! I'm certain your Grandmama will love it very, very much. Way to go!

Love your cards too, Alison! Cute, cute images. Your little guy is quite talented!
Laura B said…
Great coloring from both of you!:) Phoenix, I love the green eyes you gave to Jude! Very cool! And you did a great job making your Ariel look like your mom's!
Unknown said…
Phoenix your cards are fantastic lovely colouring
Luv Jane xxx
ike said…
WoWza Phoenix.. your card is sooooo cool. The colouring is really excellent and you even got the see-through sunglasses too. You ROCK !!!
Shame your MoM had to copy you !! hahahahaha
GO PHOENIX !!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Susan said…
Alison your coloring is spot-on as usual!

Phoenix, you made an AWESOME card for your Grandmama! it is colored so pretty and it is a fun and cheerful card, she will love it!

Susan (a friend of your mom's)

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...