Skip to main content

Spaghetti Christian and the Rocky Horror Picture Show

Well that’s a weird combo in my title, huh? Today I have 2 projects. One is from the new Teen Scene Kitchen Fun line from Simply Betty Stamps, and the other is for the latest Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls challenge. Let’s start with Christian.

I just loved coloring him in. I think it was so cool to use such a small amount of color. Especially when you compare yesterday’s project to today’s. What a huge difference!

Doesn’t that plate of spaghetti look delish? Once again, I colored this image with my watercolor markers. The sentiment is also from Simply Betty. I got the layout for my card from this month’s Smeared & Smudged Sketch Challenge.

I unearthed that cool gingham paper that I thought was just perfect for this card, and then I kept the embellies simple…a couple of gold paper clips. They reminded me of a waitress’ order book.

Now for Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls. The challenge for the next 2 weeks is Repo the Genetic Opera vs. The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Honestly, I’ve never seen Repo. And, I’m not a fan of Rocky Horror, although I love Tim Curry. So, I went with a more subtle nod to RHPS…

This fabulous Corset Heart is from Strange Skin. Again, colored with watercolor markers, and 2 of Sakura’s Star Dust pens as well.

Isn’t it purdy? I thought it was just right for this challenge! I used a few different scraps of paper, and of course, my beloved Drippy Goo punch from Martha Stewart. Take a close look…I used 2 different reds. Makes the goo stand out more. Especially if you make sure to not line up the drips.

You can see on the lacing that I used one of my Star Dust pens. Super sparkly! I adhered my cabochons on to the card with Silver Stickles.

That’s all for today! I hope you’ll be back tomorrow for the latest Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop. Please be sure to pop over to the SBS Blog, and the Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls Blog too. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

I love them both, you were right when you said I was going to love the new set from SBS!!! I can't wait to get them!!!
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS!!! Both of them!!! You are uber talented girl, love to be inspired by you!
Wow Alison... These are both awesome!! I love the way you colored them!!! Spaghetti Christian is so cool.. with the paper clips it does look like waiters/waitresses order pad!!! And the lace heart with the drippy goo underneath is soooo awesome and quite Goth Gexy!!! Have a wonderful day!!!
Lea said…
Love your cards! They're awesome!
Both are projects are fantastic and you do wonders with those watercolor pencils! Love the red tablecloth paper you found for Christian - it's perfect! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...