Skip to main content

Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls: Challenge #5 - Dystopian Films!! Plus DICC #20

I have 2 projects to share with you today. The first is for the new Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls challenge, and the second is for the new Desert Islands Crafters Challenge. Let’s get down to it!

Dysto..what?

A dystopia (from the Greek δυσ- and τόπος, alternatively, cacotopia,[1] kakotopia, cackotopia, or anti-utopia) is the vision of a society that is the opposite of utopia. A dystopian society is often a planned structured society in which the conditions of life are deliberately made miserable, characterized by poverty, oppression, violence, disease, scarcity, and/or pollution for the benefit of a select minority or some unnatural societal goal. 

Sounds simple when it's put like that lol! There are loads of Dystopian Films for you to choose from, so many in fact you'll be spoilt for choice. You've got two weeks to play along with our challenge. I do hope you’ll join us!

I was inspired by The Matrix. Haven’t seen the movie in years, but I do really enjoy that flick!

As you can see, I tried to mimic the repeating numerical lines that you see in all of the ads, and in the movie. I used Dominatrix from Smeared Ink’s Femdom collection. She reminded me of Trinity. A dirty Trinity.

One of her lines in the movie is “Dodge this.” which I thought was totally perfect for this whip wielding version of Trinity. By the way, this is an ATC…kinda hard to tell I suppose. I don’t do many ATC’s and I’d like to. This was a good oppurtunity for one.

On to the latest DICC! Our very own Jenn came up with this Itinerary. And I wanted to use the newest of Simply Betty Stamps’ Zombie Teen Christmas collection, Jinglin’ Jessi. First here’s the list.

Jenn Borjeson’s Itinerary

1. Wings

2. Ribbon

3. Buttons

4. Black & White

5. Clouds

6. Trees

7. 3 or more Patterned Papers

8. Polka Dots

9. Embossing

10. Fussy Cutting.

I used numbers 2, 6, 7, 8 and 9 for my Jinglin’ Jessi card.

She’s a happy little zombie, ain’t she? She’s ready to start decorating for the holidays!

I colored her with my watercolor markers. And I have to say, I was a bit worried about how the tree was going to come out, but I am really happy with it!

It’s hard to tell, but the Make Merry is embossed with holographic glitter. It’s super sparkly!

So there you have it. Two fun new challenges that I hope you will participate in. You have 2 weeks for each of them. So head on over to the Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls Blog, and the DICC blog for all of the deets. Plus, be sure to hit the SBS Blog too! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Watercolor Markers? Amazing! :D Love the way the tree turned out - fantastic! :D
Laura B said…
Love the dystopian themed ATC!! And your zombie coloring is wonderful as usual!:)
Kathi said…
Wow. That's one hot card!

Your zombie is adorable.
Bonnie said…
love the coloring on this card

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...