Skip to main content

August Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop: Put Me in the Movies

It’s the last Wednesday of the month (I wanna know who stole my Summer!), so that means it’s time for Bombshell Stamps’ Hump Day Hop! We have 13 fabulous ladies joining in this month. I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone has created.

Here’s the theme I came up with for this month. "Put Me in the Movies." Take a movie, and/or movie poster, and use it to inspire your Bombshell Stamps project! Any of your stamp sets will work. And, you can make anything you want.

One of my latest Bombshell sets is Retro Cowgirl. And I haven’t gotten to use it nearly as much as I’d have like to yet, so I knew I wanted to go with a Western flick. Now, I don’t watch Westerns, but of course I know some of the titles. And while looking at the Retro Cowgirls, I thought of “Annie Get Your Gun.” Purrrfect! So I searched for the right movie poster, hoping I could find something I could work with.

 

This poster was exactly what I wanted! Here’s what I came up with.

How great is this Bombshell??? I found the movie’s title and poster just by doing a quick Google search. I printed out the title that I liked (love that font!) and cut it out. Then I started to work on my Bombshell.

I colored her using my markers, in colors that were close to the poster I chose. I cut out the target with my Coluzzle. I have a fabulous wood grain stamp that I inked with Versa Mark, and then I chalked over the image from brown to blue, to again, mimic the poster. I hope you can see the wood grain. You can click on any of my pictures to see them bigger.

Since my cowgirl isn’t holding her guns up, and let’s face it…I couldn’t really do this poster without any guns, I added the guns that are also in the Retro Cowgirl set. And that was that. What do you think???

Here is the complete list of hoppers. Be sure to leave us all some love! We really enjoy the feedback!

Bombshell Blog: http://bombshellstamps.blogspot.com/
Alison: http://alisonsrandomthoughts.blogspot.com (me!)
Laura:
http://craftylittlewoman.blogspot.com/
Alaine: http://missalaineousmosaics.blogspot.com/
Meredith: http://www.papercanteen.com
Kelli: http://www.cajunstampingqueen.blogspot.com
Mary G.: http://www.mystampinhide-away.blogspot.com
Alex: http://www.paperandstring.blogspot.com/
Sparkly Engineer: http://sparkly-train.blogspot.com/
Celina Anthony: http://poniesandcrafts.blogspot.com
Glittery Katie: http://ferrishyn-frontier.blogspot.com
Kapree: http://kc-consultant.blogspot.com/
Cheryl: http://inktrap.blogspot.com
Dianne: http://dkspinner.blogspot.com

Tomorrow I will be sharing my tutorial on coloring with watercolor markers. It will be here and at the Simply Betty Stamps Blog. I do hope you will join me! It’s also a new Desert Islands Crafters Challenge, so my coloring project will wind up on a card using the latest Itinerary. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Laura B said…
This is great, Alison! Looks awesome.:) Can't wait for your tutorial.
CraftyMomOf3 said…
Love LOVE Alison!!! I've never seen the movie but you have done this creation just BEAUTIFULLY!! Love the poster!! Your target is great, your coloring is gorgeous and I love how you used the font from the original poster! Super fabulous!!

XOXO
WOW- Alison, this is PERFECT!!! Love it.
Celina said…
What a great looking card. You captured that poster perfectly! Thanks for the comment on my blog and you can find my custom ponies at www.zarinebashire.deviantart.com
Absolutely Totally Kewl! Your Bombshell so goes with your movie poster. Luv it!
This is absolutely awesome Alison! I love the images that you used! My wishlist certainly is growing! Wow! Your coloring is awesome! Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Mary G. said…
Oh, I LOVE this!!! The image is perfect for this and the bull's eye is such a fun element! GREAT job!!!
That is total awesomeness!!! I love it!! Retro Cowgirls is a great set!!!

Oh yeah, got the poster at FYE!!
Alaine said…
I love your Annie. You have recreated this perfectly! Amazing. The woodgrain is so cool! Great Job.
Kathi said…
It's perfect.Dead, solid, perfect. LOVE it!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...